Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Please allow me to introduce myself

Just so you know, the official 2+2 position concerning the PPA is neutral. It will not become positive until issues with your board are improved. This means that you can post here and interact with other forum posters, but you cannot solicit memberships or ask for money in any way.

Also, so there is no confusion as to exactly who you are, we also ask that you finish each post with your name and position with the PPA.

Mason Malmuth
Owner and Publisher
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
www.twoplustwo.com
Old 10-31-2007, 07:14 AM

Oh I do hope the "issues" with the board can get sorted soon. Then there may be hope that the op to remove the stick can succeed :-)

Meanwhile Bryan just make sure the PPA carries on being more effective. Most will judge the PPA by their actions - which I have to say show promise. But don't forget your name and role - after all with a name like PPABryan some people might be confused about your affiliation....WELCOME!!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:31 AM

New forum member here ... please be gentle as this is my first post.

I had the opportunity to attend last week's PPA event and meet many of the dedicated individuals working on the noble cause of a legal, regulated, safe environment for poker in the US. I must say I was very impressed with the event and the effort that is being put forth.

As a relative newbie to many of these issues I don't know all that has gone on in the past (though it certainly seems we have a much more proactive PPA working on our behalf than in the past), and I have no idea to what the "Board Issues" refers.

Having said that I believe a strong PPA is critical to our goals as this is the organization that has the ability to mobilize the masses (voters) and this will be imperative to any legislative solution. (At this point I suppose I should divulge the fact that I am NOT a member of the PPA Board).

So, assuming we are all of the same mind that US legislative/regulatory relief is a goal ... then I hope to see the day where the PPA receives more support from this important forum and I hope that day arrives soon. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:28 AM

Hi Mason,

Nice to meet you, I can assure you I have no desire to solicit memberships or money on your site. As I stated earlier, I am new here, so I don't really know what issues 2+2 may have with the PPA, but I believe my presence here will hopefully begin to deal with some of those issues, so that your stance will change from neutral to positive. Our Goal here is to protect poker in all its forms, be it at the Federal level, or in Washington State, or in the upcoming battle in Massachusetts. Hopefully we can all work together to achieve that goal.

Bryan Spadaro
Poker Players Alliance
Membership Relations, Manager
Old 10-31-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As I stated earlier, I am new here, so I don't really know what issues 2+2 may have with the PPA, but I believe my presence here will hopefully begin to deal with some of those issues

[/ QUOTE ]

Those issues have been discussed in detail in the past. I would suggest you go back and read the archives (especially Mason's posts). The Engineer may be able to bring you up to date the concerns that some have with the board make-up (CardPlayer magazines' large control over the board).
Old 10-31-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Mason,

Nice to meet you,

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you won't be meeting me. I have refused to meet with John Pappas until these issues are cleaned up more and that refusal will apply to any officer of the PPA with the possible exception of former Senator D'Amato.

[ QUOTE ]
As I stated earlier, I am new here, so I don't really know what issues 2+2 may have with the PPA

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the sort of thing I find very frustrating. You should do your homework before you begin posting on a site like ours.

[ QUOTE ]
but I believe my presence here will hopefully begin to deal with some of those issues

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on conversations that I have had in the past with people who are far more important than you to your organization, your being here will have zero impact on these issues.

MM
Old 10-31-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Mason,

Nice to meet you,

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you won't be meeting me. I have refused to meet with John Pappas until these issues are cleaned up more and that refusal will apply to any officer of the PPA with the possible exception of former Senator D'Amato.

[ QUOTE ]
As I stated earlier, I am new here, so I don't really know what issues 2+2 may have with the PPA

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the sort of thing I find very frustrating. You should do your homework before you begin posting on a site like ours.

[ QUOTE ]
but I believe my presence here will hopefully begin to deal with some of those issues

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on conversations that I have had in the past with people who are far more important than you to your organization, your being here will have zero impact on these issues.

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

You are very hostile to a new person trying to be helpful only. I can see why the two parties cannot reach an agreement with an attitude like this.

Good luck PPABryan and I hope you can make a good impact here.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are very hostile to a new person trying to be helpful only. I can see why the two parties cannot reach an agreement with an attitude like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Bryan please keep in mind that the official stance of 2+2 does not necessarily reflect the views of a large portion of this community. I believe majority of the people here greatly appreciate the efforts of people like you and the PPA organization.

Please don't let things like this discourage you from what you are trying to acomplish here.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Mason,

Nice to meet you,

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason,

For a world class poker mind you sure are coming off as a real jerk with this post.

Your fight with the PPA and their members does nothing to advance our interests. Even if this is how you feel, what is to be gained by your outward show of hostility?
Old 10-31-2007, 12:52 PM

Wow, can Mason post or what? Talk about non-sequiturs. I mean, GEEZ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Welcome ppa guy.