Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Stoxtrader is \"In the Well\"

[ QUOTE ]

my motivation started out as simply entartainment then morphed into entertainment/competition/money and now has moved back to entertainment/money - I really don't have the competitve drive in poker that I used to, but I still enjoy it and really like supporting my family with a flexible schedule. I basically have taken the ego out of it for me and that has actually helped me be a better wage earner i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this a conscious choice or did you just get tired of the stress of the super nosebleeds, or did you just get bored with it?
Old 10-22-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When will the first annual stoxpoker soccer tournament take place? And where?

[/ QUOTE ]

let's shoot for one when we get to 30,000 members or 10,000 premium members.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, I would be willing to fly pretty much anywhere for this. Don't think I'll forget, either [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. The Caribbean or Monte Carlo is my vote.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:25 PM

For limit:

1. I have a hard time playing vs players with high vpip, high coldcall and high wtsd%, usually when they are to my left. Against the passive ones, I have trouble properly value betting hands, as well as checking hands that I should be checking.

2. Versus button stealers with about a 30%+ att. to steal, what hands should I be 3-betting with from the SB? What hands should I be protecting from the BB?

3. Blind wars: SB open-raises my BB nearly 100% of the time and cont-bets flop and turn a high % of the time as well. What hands should I be protecting/3-betting/calling down with?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:15 AM

Very interesting thread!

I´d love to read your thoughts about this no-no topic (rigged...):
First of all: I´m a slightly losing 2/4 LHE player. I´ve been an interested 2+2 reader since years. One thing I always found irritating was this astonishingly rude and protective tone whenever someone mentioned his concerns about the integrity of pokersites. Among all the various arguments, why poker sites would rig the games, I find the argument, that it's in the site's best interest to help fish win pots vs. the top pros and so help them staying alive longer being the most compelling. The sites arent regulated, fraud-skandals happen in way more serious S+P500 companies, so why the hell would those shady pokersites NOT try to maximize their winnings?

Thanks for reading, sorry for the pidgin english ;-)

So, what would your main arguments to people being concerned about pokersites rigging the games?
Old 10-23-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Would also be interested in seeing pics of your home/office/cars...

[/ QUOTE ]

pics coming, few days, just lazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

ETA?
Old 10-23-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Would also be interested in seeing pics of your home/office/cars...

[/ QUOTE ]

pics coming, few days, just lazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

ETA?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, no estimate, but will get them in this thread. probably after I post them in my tuesday nov 1st stoxpoker blog.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:01 AM

Stox would you be up for doing a pay it forward style reward for members. C/R did something a while back where the pros coached some players and they did blogs about it. Maybe each coach on stoxpoker could take one student and you could compete against each other to see who makes the most money. Just an idea.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stox would you be up for doing a pay it forward style reward for members. C/R did something a while back where the pros coached some players and they did blogs about it. Maybe each coach on stoxpoker could take one student and you could compete against each other to see who makes the most money. Just an idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love member ideas, but I think this one is something we'll have to think about for a while. As it is, the time we spend on stoxpoker has a pretty large opportunity cost, so we have made the decision that making a video is much more scaleable than individual coaching.

bryce and I have both stopped doing individual coaching for this reason, I think dusty and kyle probably are not doing any either.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:08 PM

Not being part owner and having much more free time, I still coach MSNL players. Check out the coaching forum on stoxpoker.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:53 AM

Hey Stox,

First of all thanks for the site. It's been a great help to my game and worth every penny.

I have an odd question that I have been wondering for quite some time.

If you or someone of your caliber were to play at a 3/6 6max LHE game vs a group of winning players, say a group of regular 3/6 2+2 folks, do you think that you would be able to make a profit? If so what would you guess your BB/100 would be?

Just curious since the % of rake is higher than in high limit games if you feel that an elite player would be able to exploit their weaknesses enough to overcome the rake.

Hope my question makes sense.