Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 06-24-2007, 05:20 PM

Default New Software. FTP HUD with 3-bets %!! Free!!!

Realtime HUD

It's basically a HUD that builds it's own database from Full Tilt saved hand histories.

For a while now, I've been frustrated by not having 3-bet and 3-bet calling % available when playing. Apparently it is is quite difficult to get these from the Poker Tracker, so I decided to write my own HUD/database program. It certainly isn't a replacement for PT. I'd recomend you use the two side by side. Use PT for both keeping detailed records and playing reviewing hands post-session, but I think my program gives you more detailed info when playing than any other solution.

As I said I started being interested in 3-betting, but you can get most of the other stats as well. I've got the positional stats for each player. Here's a screengrab of the detailed stats on a player. For some reason the screen grabber didn't capture the overlays for the other players, but there is a customizable HUD panel for each player and a more detailed display - the yellow panel - you get if you click on the HUD panel.

I've tested Realtime for 6-max Hold'em NL, which is what I primarily play. It works for 9-seat full ring and also Omaha and Omaha Hi-Lo, though I haven't tested Omaha as much. It also supports limit versions of the same games, though I have only tested the limit games with observed hands.

If anybody has any suggestions for additional stats or improvements that they'd like to see - particularly for Omaha or limit games because I'm not really familiar with them - I'd be interested to hear. Also it works on XP and Win2k. I dunno about Vista or windows 98. If anyone tests it on with OS, please feel free to tell us your experience.

erm that's about all I can think to say about the program for now. I have written a ReadMe.rtf which comes with the zip file, but I don't think I'm going to reproduce it here.

Realtime is shareware for now. I wrote it mainly for fun. It is possible I will refine and adapt it for other sites. If I do that I will probably start to charge for it - it depends upon how much money I think I could make and how much of a pain writing protection is - but for now it is free and there is no time limit on the program.

Also it doesn't connect to the internets and tell me what your hole cards are [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If anybody who knows about this stuff could verify that, it would probably make people feel better about downloading.

You can download the latest version here.

As I said, there is a readme file you should look at before setting it up. It isn't complicated but reading a page of instructions will make it easier
Old 06-24-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: New Software. FTP HUD with 3-bets %!! Free!!!

Mike,

This looks really good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Also it doesn't connect to the internets and tell me what your hole cards are

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice to know, however

[ QUOTE ]

If anybody who knows about this stuff could verify that

[/ QUOTE ]

Is way beyond my skills without source and compiler/settings [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I certainly don't mean to imply anything bad by that, just that theres no way I could verify such... maybe Juk with his mad ASM skills could [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

A few thoughts...

No river stats? decided no value to them? I like to know who to value bet hard / fire 3 barrels at, although I suppose this does take large sample size.

Is there some problem with the screen shot? or am I blind... I only see the detailed pop-up.

Again, looks awesome - will prob check it out in the next couple days [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Many thanks,

dave.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:44 PM

Yeah I wouldn't know how to verify non-holecard transmitting either. I think you could probably do it by seeing whether Realtime opened up any sockets. If it doesn't then it isn't talking to anybody. The nitty-gritty of how you do this is beyond me though.

Alternatively you could just trust me. I've been around here a while [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I could add specific river stats, but I think they are less useful. For one thing you don't get as many samples, but mainly because the way the hand has been played out up to that point influences the river decisions enormously. For now you just have the general agg, bet/call, raise/call/fold and c/r stats for the river. But if there's a lot of demand for them...

Yeah sorry the screen grabber didn't show the player panels. Imagine gametime+ with colors and an option to show stat abreviations.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:56 PM

anyway to get this working for stars? I have no rb at ftp
Old 06-24-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I certainly don't mean to imply anything bad by that, just that theres no way I could verify such... maybe Juk with his mad ASM skills could [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
The sad thing is that it's almost impossible to be 100% sure for any reasonable size application. In theory it's possible to pack something away deep inside a segment and then have some code that unpacks and/or drops it based on a semi-random condition being met. It could take weeks/months/years on a decent sized executable just checking execution paths to make sure this doesn't happen (not that I think their is anything wrong with this app or that many would go to this much trouble to hide a Trojan...).

Blocking stuff from Internet access and using something like ProcessGuard (or a DLL injection blocking firewall) is probably your best line of defence, although some virus scanner may be able to pick up on potential new threads by using a heuristic scoring system (this tends to work better for new [or polymorphic] viruses though, as they have a more well defined set of functional blocks that must be implemented for each and every virus).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2007, 08:09 PM

Stars is next on my todo list. It don't think it will be take long, but will probably be fairly tedious. I'm going away next week and might get to it when I get back in early July.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The sad thing is that it's almost impossible to be 100% sure for any reasonable size application. In theory it's possible to pack something away deep inside a segment and then have some code that unpacks and/or drops it based on a semi-random condition being met.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus the need for source + exact compiler version, flags etc - if one can read, understand the source thoroughly (probably can't, but after many reads I kinda get FPHG 0.x) - then one can compile in identical environment which should produce an executable with matching MD5, SHA or whatever sums... Note I probably don't know what I'm on about much here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Of course it may not be a worry at all - If this does no injecting / hooking and simply parses HHF files, it can be effectively quarantined as you say with ProcessGuard, snoopfree, and a app level firewall.

My concern (Not really a concern given this is MikeChops, posting under real account - multiply paranoia by * 1000 if new reged user on 1st posting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) Is similar to your not wanting to release FPHG source - if it injects to FTP for whatever reason, theres almost no way to tell what it be doing, without source comprehension.

Mike, I will try this, and it looks most impressive. Do not think I am doubting your generous contribution, I certainly am not.

I just wish it was open source [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] How times have changed post RBCalc.exe [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

dave.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:56 PM

Mike,

On a less paranoid note [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

How are you storing the informations? custom DB? 300K HHF in 5 minutes (IIRC from the readme) is impressive... but surely you are storing for future start ups.

So, standard DB? or just summary files? As in, does this produce another data-source we may write custom queries for?

dave.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:21 PM

Yes a file is created and stored for each game type (Holdem NL, Holdem FL, Omaha PL...etc) It is a custom format, but if anybody wants to know what's there, I'll send them the Load/Save code.

I scan the HHFs and keep a record for each player of everything that's in the stats window and each game #. So the format could change if I add additional stats. I guess it might be better if I had saved the length of each player entry at the start of the DB. That way I could add additional stats onto the end and if anybody wanted to read the data, they could just ignore it stuff that was added after they wrote their prog...

There's also a Save As Text menu option. It dumps the stats for each player as one huge text file.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:32 PM

So this only works if you have this running while playing? Like, it can't read all the hands I have previously datamined right because it has no connection with PT?