Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 05:24 PM

Default 3-6 and 5-10 hands

My image at these games are as a fairly solid/tight winner -I am playing around 16/14 during these sessions FWIW -.

Hand 1 - Villian is playing 18/8 over 150 hands; he is on 2 or 3 tables so I expect he plays OKEY but he hasn't done anything previously in this limited experience to suggest he is capable of big folds (2 pairs? - which I think hits alot of his range on this hand) - My main question here is how to proceed on the turn. Is leading here generally better than C/R'ing all in relying on him to fire? Although I don't think villain will generally be firing hands like A9/AT maybe not even AJ - I decided to bet and then it got tricky. . what is a good line here for the turn?

Full Tilt Poker, $3/$6 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $590
MP: $761
Hero (CO): $646.50
BTN: $561
SB: $609
BB: $626

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $21</font>, BTN calls $21, 2 folds

Flop: ($51) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $28</font>, BTN calls $28

Turn: ($107) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $76</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $241</font>

Results: $259 Pot ($259 Rake)

Hand 2 - This is more of a standard preflop question of what to do here with QQ - I am fairly new on the site and therefore haven't developed any reads on the players - so far I have UTG at 18/14 - however folding here pre just seems weak too me. Should I be putting it in here?

Full Tilt Poker, $3/$6 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

Hero (SB): $650.40
BB: $76.50
UTG: $1,093.80
MP: $543
CO: $930.75
BTN: $596.10

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $21</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $72</font>, 2 folds, HERO?

Results: $51 Pot ($51 Rake)

Hand 3 - Villian in hand is playing 6 tables - the stats I have on him are 28/15 so he is on the looser side of things. I feel he plays okey - I decided to check turn here for acouple of reasons - generally I don't mind mixing up plays here v regs as it may allow me to get away with moves post-flop in future - and incase villain does have a mid pocket pair it's unlikely he will call 3 barrels against me OOP in a RR'd pot. That being said what is the correct sized raise to make on river - and what would you put villain on?

Poker Stars, $3/$6 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

SB: $600
BB: $88.80
UTG: $594
MP: $1,470.35
CO: $1,020
Hero (BTN): $1,006

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $18</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $66</font>, 2 folds, MP calls $48

Flop: ($141) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $100</font>, MP calls $100

Turn: ($341) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($341) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $125</font>
Old 10-06-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: 3-6 and 5-10 hands

hand 1 is a fold, and i like bet/folding there better than any other option

hand 2 i like a cold call, although it really puts you in a tough spot..i dont like shoving bc with your image i see them folding jj-tt aq and folding all other marginal hands he may be 3betting with... and only calling with aa kk and ak..

hand 3 is interesting, i think a decent hand range for him is 88-jj and i can conceivably see 22 33 and 44 playing like this and whiffing the c/r on the turn, that said i like a raise to 440-480 range