Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Passively played top pair

Last hand, the Button raised his SB against 3 limpers, BB folded. He checked and peeled to the river, folding the river on J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He was getting ~7:1 on the turn.

The current SB in this hand is unknown.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
Old 07-04-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Passively played top pair

3bet the flop, we don't want to give the button the right price to draw to 2-4 outs.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:39 PM

i think you're probably behind on the flop after SB cold-calls a button 3bet and c/rs flop.. 3bet is better than calling, folding is quite possibly better than calling too.

i think donking the flop can be a good play in that spot by the way.

river is really yuck after he bets, i fold this river v an unknown. looks like KQ clubs, top two or maybe a set. I've also seen people play AA and KK like this. you're only really ahead of QJo and Q10o unless he's a moron, not sure he cold-calls them preflop often enough.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:09 PM

i definately like donking the flop or check/3ballin it rather than coldcalling two here. as played i would call down as well.