Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 02:12 AM

Default Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

I'm sure if he actually won the nomination in that way that they wouldn't let it happen. Even if it's technically the law I'd imagine in the case of Paul they'd bring it to the Supreme Court or whatever other option they have.

I think this would actually be a really bad move for the cause. It'd get portrayed as underhanded, even though really it just highlights the oddity of the underhanded system.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure if he actually won the nomination in that way that they wouldn't let it happen. Even if it's technically the law I'd imagine in the case of Paul they'd bring it to the Supreme Court or whatever other option they have.

I think this would actually be a really bad move for the cause. It'd get portrayed as underhanded, even though really it just highlights the oddity of the underhanded system.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the law has much to do with it since the parties are not endorsed by the government.

The conventions are basically huge private organizations that hold internal elections.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:51 AM

I didn't necessarily mean the law of the federal government. I'm just referring to whatever rules the convention supposedly adheres to, and saying that if people did try this disloyal delegate thing for Paul it would probably be moot even in the off chance it worked, since the party would do its best to not stand for it.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:56 AM

If Ron Paul had enough delegates to win, per Republican Party rules, I think they would have to give it to him. That means there's tons of support from the Republican base at large.

Imagine if they gave it to someone else. A good chunk (of the ever dwindling party) would be super pissed and vote Democrat or 3rd party or not even vote come election day. The Republican Party would guarantee itself a loss (unless it would rather lose than have Ron Paul, always a possibility).
Old 11-15-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-3UPv_Lo0U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIbUL7sAF-Q

A video for America parts 1 and 2

[/ QUOTE ]
That's one hell of a video. I love the party where Gravel calls out Hillary and Obama for their support of the war with Iran.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:02 AM

Those movies were very well done. Are other countries really this [censored] up?
Old 11-15-2007, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-3UPv_Lo0U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIbUL7sAF-Q

A video for America parts 1 and 2

[/ QUOTE ]
That's one hell of a video. I love the party where Gravel calls out Hillary and Obama for their support of the war with Iran.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Was this at the Drexel debate?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:03 AM

The following is a bulletin post I made on my myspace page. It is very important to spread the word to those who may not pay attention to the issues like we do.

Feel free to copy, edit and paste this wherever you like with no need to give any references to me.

This is the first bulletin I have ever posted, so please rest assured this means a great deal to me. I believe I have waited until a very important moment to do so. Some of you may care about politics and some of you may not, but at the very least read what I have to say.

Everyone in this nation has been, and will continue to be, affected by the leaders that govern our nation. Like it or not the people in government offices make the decisions that affect me and you.

Our freedoms, our taxes and the lives of our friends and family have all been affected in some way; whether through a war that was started under false pretenses or a piece of legislation called the PATRIOT ACT, which has been the most unpatriotic piece of legislation ever passed in the history of our country.

It is so easy to find so many instances of outrageous uses of government power in the past 6 years. A simple google search will leave you in dismay at how our government can take the personal liberties granted by our constitution and simply throw them in the trash.

The following quote is from one of the most revered General's in the history of the United States Military, General Douglas MacArthur

"Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear - kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor - with the cry of grave national emergency. Always, there has been some terrible evil at home, or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it."

These words were spoken in 1965, its amazing how true they still ring.

During the cold war Russia had an estimated 60,000 nuclear war heads. And 300 of those were located 60 miles from Florida in the nation of Cuba, yet George Bush and his clan of war mongers are putting fear in the American people by accusing Iran of trying to develop a nuclear weapon. How is it that during the greatest threat our nation has ever seen, the Cuban missile crisis, were we able to avoid war and in 2003 our country found its way into a country who didn't even posses a "weapon of mass destruction," much less a means to deliver it to the US.

I hope everyone takes the time to understand the seriousness of this next presidential election.

Thomas Jefferson said the following,

"Our legislators are not sufficiently apprised of the rightful limits of their power; that their true office is to declare and enforce only our natural rights and duties, and to take none of them from us."

This more true now than ever. I believe we must find legislators and presidents who sole vision is to uphold the constitution. After all, that is the oath of office that every elected official must take before being able to vote in their respective offices.

I have decided to endorse a Republican candidate during the presidential primaries. That Republican is a man that currently represents the 14th congressional district in Texas in the US House of Representatives. His name is Dr. Ron Paul, he is a retired Ob/Gyn. If you want to know more about Dr. Paul's philosophy on government please visit his website at www.ronpaul2008.com.

I will leave you with a few facts and if you are further interested there videos on my profile as well as his website.

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Thank you very much for reading. If you have any comments or questions please feel free to say whatever you want. I will not be offended. I love open and civilized debates, so feel free to comment.

One last quote,

“We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” -Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-15-2007, 09:32 AM

Political Show in NH talk RP!

Wow, evidently those NH revolutionaries are doing a great job!
Old 11-15-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Political Show in NH talk RP!

Wow, evidently those NH revolutionaries are doing a great job!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope they're right, very encouraging.