Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Career Mess-Ups

lest we forget this if were going political http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDwOD...ed&search=
Old 07-16-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lest we forget this if were going political http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDwOD...ed&search=

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, that makes me wince! I feel like I'm watching someone commit career suicide.

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9iby57LqJtG5M4Az1WjzbkF/SIG=1301u2p2a/EXP=1184692811/**http%3A//randomnumbers.us/wp-content/photos/Howard_Dean_narrowweb__200x233.jpg[/img]
Old 07-16-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WINONA IS SO HOT. THE FACT THAT SHE GETS A KICK OUT OF STEALING STUFF IS JUST A TURN ON.

[/ QUOTE ]

I CAN'T TELL IF YOU'RE BEING SARCASTIC. IS SHOPLIFTING HOT THESE DAYS? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I think she's a good actress.
According to last week's Prime Time, shoplifters have abnormal brain MRIs. Something about their frontal lobe being a little thin compared to the average person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thin frontal lobe or not, she is still hot and not even Autumn in New York could change that (but it came close). The shoplifting thing is kinda cool too.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thin frontal lobe or not, she is still hot and not even Autumn in New York could change that (but it came close). The shoplifting thing is kinda cool too.

[/ QUOTE ]

She was in Autumn in New York? I could have sworn I saw that film.

The one thing I thought I had going for me was the fact that I do not shoplift and have never felt the urge. I'm fairly confident my frontal lobe is thick. Now I come to learn that shoplifting is somehow considered sexy by my 2+2 associates. What the hell?
Old 07-16-2007, 06:30 PM

Keep in mind that to most of 2+2, it's probably a lifelong dream to nosef*ck a bonobo chimp, and that may put things in perspective.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm fairly confident my frontal lobe is thick

[/ QUOTE ]I am sorry you are so cursed.

[ QUOTE ]
Now I come to learn that shoplifting is somehow considered sexy by my 2+2 associates. What the hell?

[/ QUOTE ]I think it is more the crazy wild thing that is cool. However, I used to hang out with a very cute girl in my late teens and we were quite the department store thieves one day and neither of us realized how fast we could run with security chasing us. So, I have a bit of a thing for shoplifters [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, that makes me wince! I feel like I'm watching someone commit career suicide.

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9iby57LqJtG5M4Az1WjzbkF/SIG=1301u2p2a/EXP=1184692811/**http%3A//randomnumbers.us/wp-content/photos/Howard_Dean_narrowweb__200x233.jpg[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It really wasn't that terrible. The media made it much bigger than it was imho. However, he was probably already done before the yeeeeaaaaaaaa!!! It reminds me of the Dan Quayle Potato Incident. The guy simply misspelled a word. Yet, he was forever tarnished with being an idiot.

To Gary Hart, if you are going to destroy your career couldn't you have picked better than Donna Rice to destroy it. She is so mediocre looking.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is Pete Best? Am I the only one who doesn't know who this is? Now I have to google him and I don't have time for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Former drummer of the Beatles. Not really his fault though. He was kicked out of the band and replaced by Ringo Starr because the rest of the band thought he wasn't good enough. They obviously hit it big after after he left.

I remember reading a story of a guy who was with the Backstreet Boys. He never thought they would be successful, so he left the band. Of course, the band became huge and he felt bad about his missed opportunity. He promised it wouldn't happen again. He joined another band, then left because he thought it would never be as big as the Backstreet Boys. The band later became known as N'Sync.

The story is probably not true. But it's funny.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ever know anyone who messed up their career?

[/ QUOTE ]
A guy a know was a partner at a law firm. Very successful guy. Built up a practice from 3 lawyers up to 30. Never knew anyone who could bring in business like that guy did.

He started appearing at the office less and less. Then, the firm announced he was going to out of the office on an extended client visit (of 4 months or so). Later it came out that he was actually in rehab for coke addiction. He tried to come back to work, but wasn't able to do so.

Lost his job, his wife, his house, everything.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's a brave war hero and stuff, but he's loony. The Repub powers will never, ever, let him be nominated, as I've posted before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chipwrecked,

You say loony, others say calculating (or miscalculating). I prefer to not call them kooks and instead focus on strategy. I really like analyzing miscalculations and also just putting myself into a candidate's shoes. It's all a complicated game of strategy right?

I was reading Robert Reich's comment on him from back in November 2006. Reich spoke with McCain and he got the distinct impression that the guy was careful and calculating.

Here's a quote from his blog

[ QUOTE ]
"I think McCain knows Iraq is out of our hands – it’s disintegrating into civil war, and by 2008 will be a bloodbath. He also knows American troops will be withdrawn. The most important political fact he knows is he has to keep a big distance between himself and Bush in order to avoid being tainted by this horrifying failure. Arguing that we need more troops effectively covers his ass. It will allow him to say, “if the President did what I urged him to do, none of this would have happened.”

[/ QUOTE ]

His take is that McCain is happy to let the Dems and other Republicans demand a pull out from Iraq. When it turns into chaos and obvious failure they will be complicit in it and only he will walk away saying if only they had listened to me. An interesting approach but one that proved wrong.