Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Friday Night Lights Season 2

i havent watched this episode yet. Anyone have problems with viewing it on nbc.com? I click on the episode and part 1 and there is some 3-4 second thing about papa johns, then nothing.

any advice?
Old 10-20-2007, 07:17 AM

ok downloaded it. I really liked this episode.

Any time you can sit by yourself and watch a show and still make comments out loud, you know they are doing something right.

Couple of "Oh Snap" moments: Obv "take advice from a team mascot" and Layla in a bra.

Still pissed at Julie (does she not remember not wanting to leave town/.)

LOL @ "Mexico, huh?" and "ive seen you play plenty of times hungover"
Old 10-20-2007, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Great episode (though a lot of the plot points were pretty predictable). Only thing that kinda bugged me was Street's rant at Riggins at the end of the episode. Just felt really forced and wooden acting (though the guy who plays Street I usually really like).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that scene was intended to come off sort of faux-comedic, at least that's the way I read it. For what it was, I found it quite poignant. Reminded me a lot of the times when I'd be super pissed off with a friend I had a great relationship with and being angry with them just felt so forced and wrong. It's a little inconsistent with last year's fractured maturity but I think Street has sort of devolved to more of a normal 'kid' than the gritty young adult he was last season.
If not, then yeah I agree...

This episode was such a magnificent return to form that I almost have faith the writers will resolve the Tyra/Landry debacle in a way that leaves everyone completely satisfied. Not getting ahead of myself though.

No matter what the writers bring to the table, there are some hella actors on this show. Super, super impressed as always with Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton this episode.

Loved Riggins.He just rocks the emo in a completely sympathetic way without a trace of self-pity. Totally genuine. Totally believable.

Loved what the Tyra/Landry relationship could be if there weren't such an apocalyptic pall hanging over it.

Buddy's emphatic "Yes!" when Coach Taylor knocks at his window pretty much sums up my thoughts on this episode and hopes for the rest of the season. I hope I never have to dredge up memories of my post in reaction to Ep 2 again.

*fingers meekly crossed in deference to the Gods of television*
Old 10-20-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Great episode (though a lot of the plot points were pretty predictable). Only thing that kinda bugged me was Street's rant at Riggins at the end of the episode. Just felt really forced and wooden acting (though the guy who plays Street I usually really like).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we forget that that's actually how people (especially) kids sound when they're upset.

One of the things that I think FNL does VERY well is write kids like kids. They don't come up with long witty Dawson's Creek like dialog. They sound like normal kids. I thought Jason's rant was wonderfully authentic.

I liked this ep, although I think they're going to a bit too far to make the old coach unlikable.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Couple of "Oh Snap" moments: Obv "take advice from a team mascot" and Layla in a bra.

[/ QUOTE ]

ha, i said the exact same thing at the exact same two moments.

the tyra/landry stuff is gay, but you gotta root for the underdog ugly [censored] getting a hot as balls chick.

def. enjoyed riggins in this ep, even if he ends up a nutty christian. what the [censored] with lyla spazzing out at him?! i thought she would get the whole confused-going-through-alot thing, but i guess she doesnt think much of him to begin with.

julie is such a bitch, arghhh! i liked how they played the 'you guys lost me when you had the baby thing', even though it was predictable and i think shes abit too old to be pulling that line outta her (fine) ass.

all in all, good ep. i cant wait for more football though, as cheesy as it may be.

cant wait till saracen bangs the nurse.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:56 AM

The line from Julie that was just evil was "your baby is crying". I think that's an other example of showing how [censored] and petty kids can be.

Also lol @ dueling cheesecake shots from Layla and Riggins. Somebody knows where their bread is buttered.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:53 AM

for the lyla lovers: http://media.egotastic.com/media/pic...upskirt-01.jpg

as for the ep:
my prediction is landry's dad takes the fall/masters a cover-up for the murder as the resolution. landry can't go to jail unless they are writing him off the show and his dad being a cop has value in all of us saying how can u dump the body when ur dad is a cop but probably has more value down the line. the scene in applebee's where tyra says how great landry is seemed to be setup for the dad willing to take the fall/risk his career covering it all up because his son's life is going so great (football, hot girl) that a father couldnt stand to see his son go away for the crime.

IlPug, i hope riggins never tries the religious stuff. i think it was solely to get in lyla's pants and now that he failed he will move on. i'm probably wrong.

i was more on the "street's end of episode dialogue seemed forced" side but i can see it being intentional bad acting based on the comments.

i enjoyed the ep, but we're still a little scattered i feel like not enough happens in the 40+ minutes and i want more...but thats a good thing.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:34 PM

i like the theory with landry's dad. ha, it would be strange to see riggins (the badass) go really out-there religious, but i dont think it'll actually happen, maybe for a story arc though. i wouldnt mind if he did though, it could lead to him taking football and life more seriously? potentially college ball?

sucks that we have to wait a week for the next ep. part of me wants to wait 3 months or so till the show finishes, then download and watch them all in a fun filled day or two, but i dont think i can do it.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:12 PM

Excellent episode. Despite all the predicability, it was powerful and full of emotion
Old 10-20-2007, 02:01 PM

The best scene by far was at the end of the football game when they show like 15 people who are all standing by themselves and hating their lives. It was wild to see how every single character in the show is in ridiculous turmoil. Then they show coach seeing everyone sitting there horrified with their own existence, then bam, buddy garrity saying yes! [censored]' brilliant.