Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 08:03 PM

Default Re: A9s

I like it.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:51 PM

I would have stopped the action before BB acted on the river. It's too easy for people to be influenced by the results. Would you have recieved the same responses if it went check check.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have stopped the action before BB acted on the river. It's too easy for people to be influenced by the results. Would you have recieved the same responses if it went check check.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point but I think the point of OPs read was that he figured he could get this guy to bluff 2x with nothing. Someone also mentioned this is an easy donk/fold. However, if villian has nothing you win an extra bet this way whereas otherways you win/lose the same.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point but I think the point of OPs read was that he figured he could get this guy to bluff 2x with nothing. Someone also mentioned this is an easy donk/fold. However, if villian has nothing you win an extra bet this way whereas otherways you win/lose the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I like the line he took and understand what he was trying to do just don't know if everyone would have been so agreeable had they not seen all the action.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I like the line he took and understand what he was trying to do just don't know if everyone would have been so agreeable had they not seen all the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured a bet on the river would just get a fold from the hands I wanted to bet the river. An ace would call, a Queen raises, and everything else folds. I'd rather let him bet his KTo once again, and collect that way instead of trying to make some hopeless "value" play.