Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-26-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Bizarre injuries you\'ve suffered

I had a bad cough last week (and lingering into this week), and I think I have pulled a rib muscle from coughing so hard. Bizarre--every time I sneeze, or cough, or move a certain way, there's a stabbing pain in my side.

I also notice that this week a MLB player blew out his knee while arguing with an umpire.

Anyone else experienced this, or something similarly bizarre?
Old 09-26-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Bizarre injuries you\'ve suffered

Just skinned my knuckle punching your avatar.....
Old 09-26-2007, 05:38 PM

When I was in grade school I went to a daytime computer camp at Framingham State College. A pencil rolled off my desk and I snapped my legs together to catch it in my lap, except I was too slow so I just drove the pencil about 2" into my inner thigh.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:38 PM

A few nights ago I woke up screaming in pain and started punching my wall. I had a charlie horse in my calf and it was easily the most painful one I've ever experienced. 2 Days later I'm still struggling to walk comfortably.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:39 PM

A few years ago around Valentine's Day I had a whole mouthful of redhot candies in my mouth. I dropped my pen and reached down under the desk to get it and all the red hot spit went into my sinus cavity. That did not feel good.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:45 PM

my brother tried to punch me in the face and in trying to catch the punch in my palm i had my hand tipped too forward and his fist caught the top of my middle finger and broke the 2nd knuckle
Old 09-26-2007, 05:46 PM

Was trying to cut an orange with a butter knife when I was 6 or so and put the knife through my hand.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:53 PM

when i was about 13 i built a sweet tree house on the border of my yard. on the first level we used to kill time by pounding nails into the floor. some douchebags came over with chainsaws and tore it down because the new owners of the land behind our house thought it was on their property. my friend and i were carrying the "floor" of the first level into the woods, and because we were retarded we were carrying it upside down so all the nails were sticking up. for some reason we were only lifting it a few inches off the ground, as well. he was walking backward, i was walking forward. he stopped suddenly without warning, and the 8 inch high "side" (it was like a shallow box) hit my ankles. i had no way to stop my upper body, so i fell forward, palms first, onto about 10 or 12 nails. that was a bitch.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:53 PM

I woke up in my hotel bed a saturday morning a couple of years back with five stitches in the back of my head and all my clothes missing. I still today have no idea what happened to me. I have a weak memory of me being in an ambulance and a bunch of nurses pointing and laughing at me, but that's it. And I may have dreamt that.

EDIT: So infact, I have no idea if the way I suffered the injury was bizarre or not. I'd like to think it was though.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A few nights ago I woke up screaming in pain and started punching my wall. I had a charlie horse in my calf and it was easily the most painful one I've ever experienced. 2 Days later I'm still struggling to walk comfortably.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've definitely had this one, minus the punching the wall part. Not fun.