Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Bizarre injuries you\'ve suffered

[ QUOTE ]
A few years ago around Valentine's Day I had a whole mouthful of redhot candies in my mouth. I dropped my pen and reached down under the desk to get it and all the red hot spit went into my sinus cavity. That did not feel good.

[/ QUOTE ]
That made me laugh.

In 8th grade I was playing hackey sack outside between our school and these mobile home style "portables" that were brought in for additional class space. The game was pelt, after the hackey sack is hit x number of times you can grab it and chuck it at someone. So once it's legal to grab the circle splits, I take a few running strides while keeping my eye on the circle. Just as a yank my head around to see how close I am to the portable's wall. WHAM!!! Air conditioning unit to the face. I've still got a slight scar through my eyebrow from it. I came to kneeling on the ground looking at my hands soaked in blood. I remember it was like watching a scene from a movie.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was trying to cut an orange with a butter knife when I was 6 or so and put the knife through my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same-ish age, uncle getting married, I was the ring-bearer or something, and along with the groomsmen received my own initial-engraved pocketknife as a gift. Immediately I opened it and destroyed my thumb. Still have the scar today.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:11 PM

1- fell off of a couch during a nap and landed on a woman's shoe that was laying on its side. it was one of those shoes with a really hard wood/plastic sole. i caught the shoe perfectly with my tail bone...that hurt like hell for days

2- i grew up hunting deer. i was probably 9 or so. there was a severed deer head lying around the camp site and somehow i ended up picking it up and throwing it (by the ears)at one of the other kids there.

he started chasing me and I started hauling ass out of there. i looked back to see if he was closing the gap or not and as i turned back forward to see where i was going; i caught a pair of binoculars that were hanging from a deer gutting gizmo squarely in the center of my forehead. had a few stitches and a scar...and the nickname binocular brains for the next few years
Old 09-26-2007, 06:24 PM

I have a few.

Back when I was racing I would ride about 450 miles a week, that's about 25 hours in the saddle. The constant pressure on my hands and wrists was just too much and I got carpal tunnel.

One night I dreamt I was in a fight and actually threw a punch... into the wall. I woke up with a sore and swollen hand but no major damage.

This wasn't me but it's too funny to leave out. A college buddy was in the library using the urinal. He went to spit his dip in to the toilet and smacked his head on the bookshelf and knocked himself out cold.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:26 PM

So there were either bookshelves in the bathroom or a urinal amongst the shelves in the library? WTF?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So there were either bookshelves in the bathroom or a urinal amongst the shelves in the library? WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

They had a shelf over the urinal where you can put your things while your doing your business.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:32 PM

I am 40, which means I was a kid in the early-mid '70s. At that time, big zippers were in. I had a pair of shorts with a huge zipper in the front. When I was about 7 (figure 1974), I was in a phase where I didn't want to wear underwear. So I put on my shorts with the big zipper, sans underpants, and zipped up my sack real good in this huge zipper, to the point that the zipper could not be moved without causing extreme unbearable pain. They had to cut the shorts off me.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:32 PM

I got a huge gash in the top of my head from a nickel.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:35 PM

Toilet papering in 8th grade. We had about 50 rolls and were doing an amazing job. The owner of the house comes out and says "The cops are coming you better run!" Needless to say, our 8th grade asses booked it.

It's not easy to run in the dark. I ran into a brick retaining wall and had a cut that went down to the bone. Walked all the way home off of the adreniline and called my parents to take me to the ER. I got a bunch of stitches and staples in my leg and have a huge scar to this day.

I told my parents I fell down the stairs which they (somehow) believed until two days later when another neighbor called my parents asking if I put V8 splash in their mailbox and Klondike bars all over their front door. Yeah, we were cool 8th graders.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:40 PM

When I was around 10, I was hanging out in my friend's garage. There were several of us there and I had climbed up on top of the work bench to sit on a bucket. Suddenly, a kid ran into the garage and yelled out that a fight was starting across the street. I jumped off the bench and landed on a leaf picker upper thing, the handle levered up off the floor and smashed me in the nose.

With blood gushing and my vision blurred from the hit, I stumbled/ran across the street. Just as I got close to where the fight was starting, my foot landed in a hole and my ankle rolled. I fell to the ground in agony. I rolled over into a fetal position, intending to ride out the pain and try and not let the entire neighborhood see me crying.

Most of the kids (including the two who were supposed to be fighting) started laughing at me. Suddenly, I felt sharp, burning, stinging pains. First a couple, then about hundred. My foot had landed in a yellow jacket nest.

Good times.