Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: X-Post Absolute Poker Hole Card Cheating

[ QUOTE ]
Why just the hole cards? Why not see the hole flop? Are each card randomly choosen for the flop then turn then river? Why couldn't they see everthing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming because there's an RNG, so they can only see the cards that have been dealt.

Being able to see the turn and river ahead of time would be the equivalent to the cheaters knowing what cards their opponents will get dealt NEXT hand.

The cards ARE dealt randomly, including the pocket cards, flop, turn, and river, but the cheaters can also see the ones they aren't supposed to see (pocket cards).
Old 09-18-2007, 07:52 PM

I have been playing on AP since 2004. I have had some nasty and rediculous things happen to me in the cash games, though I have no way of knowing if it was directly related to this. Either way I just cashed out all of my money off of AP and unless I hear some positive things that this is taken care of, I will never deposit on there again. Time to go back to where I started. Stars here I come.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:11 PM

Question: Why is he playing 90-80 (or whatever)?

Don't know how many of you have heard about the fix-6 scandal in horseracing a few years back. One insider who worked in the computer room for a tote company and a couple of his buddies took down a 4.5 mil. pick-6 wager by shenanigans.

The only reason they got caught was because they knew next to nothing about betting on horses, and made a bet that no knowledgeable horseplayer would have ever made. Had they known what they were doing, they might still be cashing tickets today.

The point is, this may be the situation here. Someone with access to a "superuser" account, with no real poker skills. No proficient cheater would kill the goose laying the golden eggs.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bump. Why is this, and the numerous other threads in the different forums on the same subject, not getting more attention? The mods at 2+2 are making serious posts about cheating at Absolute Poker. This is serious sh*t.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because everyone in the past who brought up allegations of cheating/foul play in online poker, has always been shot down, shunned, and mocked by any poker forum... Why is this one any different?

Nothing will be done about it either way... We'll all forget this happened and go on playing on sites we ASSUME are safer, but are probably doing the same things...

Where are the tin foil hat pictures btw?

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] First poker is rigged post with actual statistics and evidence to back up the claims, rather than anecdotal stories.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:10 AM

if i had a way of seeing opponents cards on say, pokerstars, i could make a million in one or 2 months and still never ever ever get caught.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bump. Why is this, and the numerous other threads in the different forums on the same subject, not getting more attention? The mods at 2+2 are making serious posts about cheating at Absolute Poker. This is serious sh*t.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because everyone in the past who brought up allegations of cheating/foul play in online poker, has always been shot down, shunned, and mocked by any poker forum... Why is this one any different?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because this time the people making these claims actually have a brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes if your name is not green youu don't have a brain. Dont you know this???
Old 09-19-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if i had a way of seeing opponents cards on say, pokerstars, i could make a million in one or 2 months and still never ever ever get caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not so easy to not get caught. Hand histories are available when it goes to showdown and if you never go to showdown but win all the time then your pokerstats will show some unusual patterns that will be picked up by other players. Seeing a showdown without the nuts but with a dominant hand always leaves you open to a suck out that can cost you some serious cash as you play higher stakes. You'd have to be able to track all the folded hands to know what cards were in play and even then you'd never be 100% sure that your opps outs were really dead unless all those cards were folded and not waiting to be dealt. Any fool can win quickly and big seeing everyone's cards but it takes someone with a lot of patience and skill to make the long-term score and stay UTR, knowing that at any time the kill-switch could be thrown.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:14 AM

I think the obvious thing to do would be to use it only once every x number of hands for x number of hands in an irregular pattern. Would be easier than wallhacking in counter-strike.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:49 AM

Dear Mr. Blind Sheep

Thank you for contacting us.

Yes we are aware of all this posts, we always try to be aware of what our customers think of our service and if they enjoy playing with us. That’s why we are always checking into all of the concerns that our players have and we have taken actions already in this case, because of our company policies we cant let you know what those actions are, but we can let you know, that it wasn’t any type of hacking, it was just someone who didn’t know how to play poker and a hole lot of luck.

If there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know.

Sincerely,

Jonathan
Team Absolute ~ Security & Control Department

So apparently the security team will take action if you suck at poker.....
Old 09-19-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not so easy to not get caught. Hand histories are available when it goes to showdown and if you never go to showdown but win all the time then your pokerstats will show some unusual patterns that will be picked up by other players. Seeing a showdown without the nuts but with a dominant hand always leaves you open to a suck out that can cost you some serious cash as you play higher stakes. You'd have to be able to track all the folded hands to know what cards were in play and even then you'd never be 100% sure that your opps outs were really dead unless all those cards were folded and not waiting to be dealt. Any fool can win quickly and big seeing everyone's cards but it takes someone with a lot of patience and skill to make the long-term score and stay UTR, knowing that at any time the kill-switch could be thrown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a break, any decent mid level player could easily pull this off if they KNOW THE HOLE CARDS of every opponent lol. It allows you to play straight forward and still have a huge edge by knowing when you have them notched slightly and when u are slightly notched. With the patience that any winning mid stakes player already has this would be easily accomplished utr.

PT will just show you as a cash game beast.. Do not forget that you get to analyze ur own stats and keep things in check.

Granted maybe not a few mil in a matter of months, but definitely several million over the course of the year.