Ahman Green v. NYJ 2 22.22%
Jamal Lewis @Cinci 6 66.67%
Travis Henry v Ind 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Sean Taylor passed away this morning

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your first comment where you said you have to do something wrong in order to get shot makes it hard for me to take you serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not saying you have to be guilty of anything, i'm saying you have to make some kind of mistake. Even if Sean Taylor is innocent of provoking the intruder to break into his house, he made the mistake of pulling a machete out to defend himself against the person who broke in. Ask any reasonable person what to do when an intruder breaks in and you should get a lot of responses mixed between give them whatever they want, call the police, or shoot them dead and ask questions later. Taylors mistake here is to bring a knife to a gun fight, even if it was unprovoked in his own home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, you were serious with your first post?

U R A DUM.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your first comment where you said you have to do something wrong in order to get shot makes it hard for me to take you serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not saying you have to be guilty of anything, i'm saying you have to make some kind of mistake. Even if Sean Taylor is innocent of provoking the intruder to break into his house, he made the mistake of pulling a machete out to defend himself against the person who broke in. Ask any reasonable person what to do when an intruder breaks in and you should get a lot of responses mixed between give them whatever they want, call the police, or shoot them dead and ask questions later. Taylors mistake here is to bring a knife to a gun fight, even if it was unprovoked in his own home.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to your "reasoning," it is a person's fault for anything that happens to him. "Doing something wrong" is too broad.

For example, I leave my windows unlocked at night and someone decides to break into my house and kill me for no reason. Am I wrong in this case becuase I failed to lock my windows?

[/ QUOTE ]

While the person that kills you is guilty of murder, I would say you're guilty for being stupid enough not to lock your windows.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:21 PM

Where's Al Sharpton when you need him?
Old 11-27-2007, 02:21 PM

oops meant for the pole to be about ianisakson. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 02:23 PM

ur responses tilt me sakson...badly
Old 11-27-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oops meant for the pole to be about ianisakson. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's ok, I'm an idiot mormon bastard too.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

U R A DUM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dumb, no

Logical, yes

There is a distinction between doing something wrong and provoking someone to shoot you. The other change I would make to my first statement would be to change it to "if you get shot you probably did something wrong" instead of "you have to do something wrong to get shot"
Old 11-27-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

While the person that kills you is guilty of murder, I would say you're guilty for being stupid enough not to lock your windows.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if they break the windows and come in that way, you're guilty for being stupid enough to have windows. I couldn't agree more.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

U R A DUM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dumb, no

Logical, yes

There is a distinction between doing something wrong and provoking someone to shoot you. The other change I would make to my first statement would be to change it to "if you get shot you probably did something wrong" instead of "you have to do something wrong to get shot"

[/ QUOTE ]
So what you're saying is you'd like to make a completely different statement. About time.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if someone goes through the trouble to break into your house to kill you in your sleep just for [censored] and giggles then that is a bad beat, but the chances of that are like .0000000000000000001

And if they break the windows and come in that way, you're guilty for being stupid enough to have windows. I couldn't agree more.

[/ QUOTE ]