Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-25-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Re: TR: Magic the Gathering

i figured mentioning a gf would be too much for oot. anyways the jobs going really well. before that i was an estimator for a framing/ drywall company, that job was a real bitch. now i work on site in a little trailor office making sure the contractors do there stuff, way easier job and it pays $18.5 instead of 15 and hour. somebody asked thats why im explaining it. i dont really get to brag about my situation to my real friends cuz i know its dooshy thats why im doin it here. my friends got a real thing about my gf "mudflaps" lol but if i bragged to them, my gf would find out and thats not good.

kimbell i was about to start reading your link but ima save all that stuff for later if i do get around do commiting some time to the game (actually ill read it when i get hme or ill never get around to it thanks for sharing the link). i kinda dont like that you have to get really into it, poker took long enough to kinda get decent at and im slightly over break even at the bodog $5 super turbo sngs.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i figured mentioning a gf would be too much for oot. anyways the jobs going really well. before that i was an estimator for a framing/ drywall company, that job was a real bitch. now i work on site in a little trailor office making sure the contractors do there stuff, way easier job and it pays $18.5 instead of 15 and hour. somebody asked thats why im explaining it. i dont really get to brag about my situation to my real friends cuz i know its dooshy thats why im doin it here. my friends got a real thing about my gf "mudflaps" lol but if i bragged to them, my gf would find out and thats not good.

kimbell i was about to start reading your link but ima save all that stuff for later if i do get around do commiting some time to the game (actually ill read it when i get hme or ill never get around to it thanks for sharing the link). i kinda dont like that you have to get really into it, poker took long enough to kinda get decent at and im slightly over break even at the bodog $5 super turbo sngs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great job huh, $18.50 and hour. If you put in your 2000 hours a year that is all of a $37,000 salary. Pretty baller if you ask me. I mean don't all mad ballers plays games that are so cool like magic.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:36 PM

hell ya its mad ballin when your 19 and pay 400 for rent (share an apartment). especially when youve been told your whole life youll be another screwup and even though i got scholarships, it still wasnt enought to go to the college i wanted to. im sure 38k (before taxes dam) isnt much to some of the grown people/ daddy pays for everything people, but by the time im 25 i should at least be at the 75k mark (boss makes $37/ hour, i should be where he is in at most 4 years). keep in mind this is with no college work, starting out with no money, all on my own steam. how many people out there can really pull that off? and playing magic comes with doing whatever i feel like.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:39 PM

If you don't want to spend much and actually want to play competitively you should play limited, a decent constructed deck for any format will cost like 150-200 min.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Great job huh, $18.50 and hour. If you put in your 2000 hours a year that is all of a $37,000 salary. Pretty baller if you ask me. I mean don't all mad ballers plays games that are so cool like magic.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's 19. 37K is really good and it has a lot more future than poker.

F the haters.

Also, dude [censored] Magic.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played MTG since high school, and now, five years later I somehow heard that there was a new set coming out.

As I have been finding myself increasingly bored with poker, I figured I'd give it a shot. I played a few matches and a booster draft today and realized that Magic can still be pretty fun.

The new set is coming out (online anyway) in a week or so and I think I might get back into it a little bit as a diversion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an MTGOnline account and do a draft or two every now and then. Fun game. Expensive IMO but it's great for those "i'm in front of my computer and bored" moments because those are usually when you play poker and don't play well.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:08 AM

i played magic seriously from the time i was like 13-16, it is so much worse than poker. there is infinitely more variance, the people who play it any longer than i did are the bottom of the social barrel, this is part of why i quit. people who are good at magic are ridiculously cocky but are horrible at life. its a time sink because you need to spend so much time adjusting to new formats that it is pointless, and unless you are good enough that people will essentially stake you and lend you decks for a cut you can never be profitable at the game. let me reiterate, the people that play magic seriously are the most dysfunctional you will see at one place, think comic book nerds with a superiority complex
Old 10-26-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, dude [censored] Magic.

[/ QUOTE ]

just my thought when i saw this post

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't want to spend much and actually want to play competitively you should play limited, a decent constructed deck for any format will cost like 150-200 min.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was down for about 20 bux maybe 30 if i really liked it. like the strategy/ challenge of it but not enought to spend hours just to figure it all out. demos still fun though
Old 10-26-2007, 01:57 AM

MTg is poker for when you are 16.
Its an awesome game i agree, and i got into poker through mtg, but i think poker is more fun, rewarding in the end.
I still play mtg from time to time though.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:17 AM

PM me next time you're on, I'll give you some of my extra cards for deckbuilding purposes.