Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 11-26-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Calling out all full-time mid-level players...study group

unfortunately i agree with Ocean on the 1 or 2 times a week. Id love for it to occur daily, but im sure myself and most others just couldnt make it. afterall, part of being a "pro" poker player is the lack of a rigid schedule (for most anyway)

whatever is decided ill try to accomodate, but at least at first less frequently may be the way to go.

looking forward to it!

DMM
Old 11-26-2007, 03:51 PM

1. 8pm to 11pm
2. same, or during week ends
3. 3 years
4. 12s/16s/24s/27s/60s
5. PS and FTP
6. ICM calculation
7. PST
Old 11-26-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My contribution to this thing getting off the ground is that daily is never going to work. It just won't: people have lives, people are at different time zones, etc etc. I think this idea works best as a once weekly or twice weekly thing. People will perhaps be more regular if it is not every single day, and perhaps the eurodonks wouldn't mind altering their schedule once a week, whereas they couldn't meet every single day.

I expect that if we try to do this daily, it will disintergrate quickly. I motion for either once weekly or twice weekly meetings.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good. How about we meet twice a week. Once midweek and once during the weekend. Or if everyone prefers we can just do it once every Monday.

Anything beside that...group members can of course meet as much as they want.

Feel free to add more suggestions/ideas guys.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:35 PM

1. When do you start your session?

Whenever i wake up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].. staring in Dec. i have a tenitive sch. made

2. When is the best time for you to meet up? What hours would you prefer?

whenever is good for the group... im in school but only taking online classes so im free whenever

3. How long have you been playing? Your experience level?

3 years-- but only serious for around 6 months

4. What stakes do you play?

11s and 22s on FTP and the 16s on stars

5. What site do you play on?

party back in the day... but FTP and Stars now. Mostly FTP though b.c. of rakeback

6. What qualities/skills do you think you can bring to this group?

theory of early game play (there are sooo many things that people do badly that are easy to capitalize on) Also, im getting pretty good at ICM on the bubble.

7. Where are you geographically located? What is your timezone? north west Florida. Central

check out my sharkscope stats. Gary212121 on stars and FTP.

also, check out my blog to show im deticated.

http://www.cardrunners.com/members/index...er&id=13314
Old 11-26-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think irc channel would solve that, there should be people all the time and you could organize a big meeting once/twice a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets have a vote guys: would rather have an IRC channel or just use MSN messenger?

I vote MSN messenger because I am familiar with the way it works.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think irc channel would solve that, there should be people all the time and you could organize a big meeting once/twice a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

As some of you know our community already has an IRC channel:
STT IRC Channel

I haven't checked if people are still active/online in it but I think so.

I have to agree with DannyOcean as well, that this might work on a daily basis for all the "real" Full-Time players and probably just for a small group.

What about creating a poll once or twice a week where you can vote for a topic which will then be discussed in the channel with everybody who is interested? It wouldn't matter if some people do not show up. When you have a set time to meet in the channel and a topic which will be discussed everybody can look for sample hands during the week and might be thinking about questions they want to ask/discuss. Obviously you have the chance to do the likely within this forum as well, but maybe it helps some (me for sure) if you are able to get a more direct help and might even get the attention of the players to one of your posts which just hasn't gotten any answers.
A moderator is a must imo. It would be especially cool if the "best" parts of the discussion and some kind of summary would be posted on 2+2 as well.

I am really excited for this to work out.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:20 PM

1. i think we (ive obv. already chosen myself for the group [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) def. need a channel that everyone can talk on at once... is there a group chat feature on MSN? if so, that would probably work. I also believe it needs to be a selected private group of 10 or 12 people b.c. i feel like it will make a stronger bond and keep people showing up rather then just different random people showing up everyweek. I think we should meet twice a week, one should be a primary day that everyone can show up and the other an opition for everyone. That way we are all meeting up as a group at least once a week.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:25 PM

I'm not a full time or mid-level player, but I would love to be part of this group if you guys would let me in. I play the 3.4, 6.5, and 11.7 (DS) for single tables, and 1.75, 3, and sometimes $5.5 for the 45 person sngs. Ive been looking to take it to the next level.

You mind if I hang around?
Old 11-26-2007, 05:44 PM

A little OT if you don't mind.

[ QUOTE ]
that play in the 12's,24's,and 36's

[/ QUOTE ]
Are those mid-stakes SnG?

I am not trying to be offensive, just asking out of curiousity, because if we would name stakes low/mid/high according to equivalent bankroll requirements with cash games, thank I think it would be like:

micro: <=$11 (NL50 and below)
small: $22-$54 (NL100-NL200)
mid: $108-$215 (NL400-NL1000)
high: >=$320 (above NL1000)

The NL numbers in brackets were taken from SSNL FAQ.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:08 AM

Heading off to bed soon. Going to bump this one last time. Everyone else expect a PM from me by tomorrow afternoon.