Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Live 1/2 KK against 4 villains

Fairly loose weak preflop 1/2 200max game. I'm sitting with about 350 and one player covers me with about 800. He's covered in tattoos and his mouth looks like it can't open due to his many lip rings. He limps anything and once he limps thats good enough reason to call any raise preflop. Other effective stacks are 200.

Anyway I am dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. As usual there are 5-6 limps ahead of me. I make it 25 to go, fairly certain I'll still get one call. UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Lip Ring calls and button calls. 5 to the flop

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I'm first to act with 4 people behind and 125 in the pot. Am I firing here?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Live 1/2 KK against 4 villains

I cant go further without description of villains tattoos.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:39 AM

He looks like he told the tattoo artist to depict what he thought Hell looks like as accurately as possible all over his body. Flames and skulls and the like are everywhere. Yet he played surprisingly weak.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:42 AM

Oh, well then i surely pot that flop.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:53 AM

You're way ahead of lip ring's range, and other effective stacks are 200, so I think you want to fire away here. You're going to get called though, and given stacks you may even get raised. If lip ring doesn't come along, it's only another ~50, and there's no thinking about what to do required, regardless of the number of callers.

If he does come along, you're playing for your stack, with 200 behind and at least double that in the pot, so you're going to put it in on almost any turn.

Is he going to be calling with a drawing hand or a made hand (which probably, though maybe not definitely given his looseness PF, beats you)? If you're playing somewhere that uses the half-bet rule you may be able to trap some of his money, or get him to put in way too much, if you think it's a drawing hand by sizing your bet to allow a reraise from one of the 200 stacks, but if you're under the full bet rule that's probably going to restrict your bet to 80-90 - not an inherently bad amount, but more likely to increase the number of callers you get, so more likely to increase your variance (in fact I think there's an argument that you're still going to be ahead of even two callers in terms of equity, so technically you're actually increasing your EV by enticing an extra call, but I suspect not by an amount that justifies the extra variance).
Old 09-10-2007, 02:05 AM

$100. Also, be careful with the guy that has all the tattoos. Rumor has it that lilholdem is good when he's not being robbed by the fkn arab crooks and it looks like he's on an upswong.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant go further without description of villains tattoos.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 09-10-2007, 09:40 AM

There are so many terrible people at 1/2 live that it's almost a bad fold on a flop like this. You'd be losing to a set and beating a crapload of other hands. IMO, you have to fire hard here and make the club and straight draws expensive. The only way I'd fold this on the flop was to bet out 80 and then see two people push. By the turn you're already invested in the hand to fold unless you can turn water into wine with your reads.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:56 AM

I'd bet $100. You are way ahead. I hope someone is in with AJ (not of clubs, of course).