Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Okay, Phil, why do YOU think this Act criminalized poker, I sure d

[ QUOTE ]

You write vehemently that "I have to respond to call you out on this. I have NEVER pushed another site, nor am I an affiliate. Your reference to Sportingbet is pure nonsense, I have NEVER mentioned them!!".

Read your post in this thread on October 2, 11:43 am where you said, in full:

"I think you can add Paradise Poker to that list. They're offering the same level of assurance as TruePoker (i.e. conditional on the banks). "

A poster in this thread had given a list of sites which deserved props for declaring business as usual, including ours. You answered quickly, adding Paradise Poker, then compared Paradise Poker directly to TruePoker.

Even if you did not know Sportingbet owned the Paradise Poker operation, you were clearly making a direct comparison between a site you seem to prefer and ours, for which you have developed a clear dislike.

I don't think that mentioning that site was in any way spamming or shilling by you, but your offering props to Paradise/Sportingbet was entirely inconsistent with your concurrent rant about how it was nonsense for Truepoker to say poker was not criminalized by this Act. The subsequent direct comparison can be fairly called "trying to steer players to another site you prefer" over ours.

I'll stand by the statement that you went on tilt over above. Imagine if someone had called you a bad name or had made some truly derogatory remark about your integrity.

[/ QUOTE ]

TruePokerCEO,

You are an awesome person and I really respect your stance and courage. Please ignore this idiot attacking you like a fourth grader, and please do not let him deter you from continuing to post. I will also look into your site and may take my business there.

Thank you,
Aseem
Old 10-05-2006, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if you did not know Sportingbet owned the Paradise Poker operation, you were clearly making a direct comparison between a site you seem to prefer and ours, for which you have developed a clear dislike.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I did not know that, and I apologise for calling you a liar unfairly (although you did make strong insuations about my motivations, which you probably knew to be untrue).

In that post I was simply offering offering an addition to the list of available sites, using available information at the time (i.e. trying to be helpful). I did not compare your site to Paradise, nor do I prefer playing there (I think they're a crap site).

[ QUOTE ]
The subsequent direct comparison can be fairly called "trying to steer players to another site you prefer" over ours.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it can't. Again you insuate things that simply aren't true.

[ QUOTE ]
Imagine if someone had called you a bad name or had made some truly derogatory remark about your integrity.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to spam my poker site, as you have a history of doing. My integrity or motivations are not of importance, unlike yours. I maintain that you are deliberately fluffling up the legal status of this bill. Whether you actually don't understand it, or are lying, I don't know. For another example of you claiming far too much in order to get business, check out this thread where you are called out by another poster for offering sketchy legal advice that fits your own interest:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

Anyway, I'm done with this. I've spent enough time on this crap. My only interest in this whole thing was pointing out your obvious dishonesty, and seeing that you didn't gain from it. People are so grateful to have anyone give them certainty (no matter how real it is) that they don't care. So be it.

Good luck with your business.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:43 AM

Phil,

You have a history of trolling and he doesn't. He has been a positive contributor to this forum long before the passage of this legislation, and you haven't. And since you aren't even american, you don't have a stake in the the new law as we do.

And as far as his promoting his site, yes he has done that, although often in response to requests for information from other players. What do you think Lee Jones is doing here when he responds in his official capacity as a spokesman for stars?
Old 10-05-2006, 06:47 AM

Default Re: TruePoker will continue to welcome U.S players

Props to you, TruePoker CEO. It is always good to oppose Tyranical Government Oppression, no matter what country it comes from.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing in the Act which addresses or restricts withdrawals in any manner whatsoever.

Cashouts may not be as quick, if your ewallet shuts down US business entirely, but there is no prohibition in the Act.

Unless or until a different statute is passed, Congress has not chosen to stand between poker players and their cashouts.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Act does address withdrawals. The Act's definition of bet or wager includes a bettor's instructions to move funds from the account. Then by definition "unlawful Internet gambling" means to place a bet or wager using the Internet where such bet is unlawful under Fed/State law. The Act does not restrict withdrawals but does say they could be unlawful Internet gambling.

While your here, could you tell me what business Truepoker is in? Sorry if you have said and I missed it.

Thanks for taking a your stance and answering questions
Old 10-05-2006, 08:43 PM

I've been with True Poker for about a year and I really like the play.

I do hope for an improved lobby some day though.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:55 PM

Default Change in policy for True Poker?

One of my players forwarded this to me today

Dear US TruePoker Player:

Our records indicate that you are a resident of the State of Indiana and have deposited money in the past into TruePoker.

TruePoker is not in the business of betting or wagering. We have no stake in the outcome of any game or tournament among players.

Although TruePoker believes that the UIGE Act of 2006 does not cover our business, your State has been described as one in which it may be illegal for you to play online poker. Please check with your local attorney to determine whether your State laws prohibit your playing poker online.

We ask that you log onto TruePoker and check your listed location information. If you have relocated out of your State, to some other State, where playing poker online is not illegal, please update your information and mailing address.

If you have not changed your residence from your originally listed State, it would be imprudent for us to accept further deposits for your account and possibly illegal for you to play.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Change in policy for True Poker?

[ QUOTE ]
One of my players forwarded this to me today

Dear US TruePoker Player:

Our records indicate that you are a resident of the State of Indiana and have deposited money in the past into TruePoker.

TruePoker is not in the business of betting or wagering. We have no stake in the outcome of any game or tournament among players.

Although TruePoker believes that the UIGE Act of 2006 does not cover our business, your State has been described as one in which it may be illegal for you to play online poker. Please check with your local attorney to determine whether your State laws prohibit your playing poker online.

We ask that you log onto TruePoker and check your listed location information. If you have relocated out of your State, to some other State, where playing poker online is not illegal, please update your information and mailing address.

If you have not changed your residence from your originally listed State, it would be imprudent for us to accept further deposits for your account and possibly illegal for you to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would certainly appear to be different from TruepokerCEO's statement in OP...

[ QUOTE ]
The Act does not outlaw playing poker on the Internet from the US, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe we can get an update from TruepokerCEO?
Old 10-18-2006, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Change in policy for True Poker?

His PM box is full and still no reply from True CEO.