Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 09:21 PM

Default Top set on turn, vs possible gut shot on riv

Villian is a bad reg imo. We have been playing a pretty intense session HU PLO on two tables. Hes gotten the better of me today tho in some really lucky spots. We're semi deep when we can't keep the table HU anymore and this happens.

My notes on him are he'll bluff alot HU and float with nothing in weird spots. He's also very tilty, but shouldnt be here in this spot.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($95)
Hero ($241.65)
BB ($179.75)
UTG ($82.35)
MP ($67.05)
CO ($56.80)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, BB calls $3, UTG calls $3.

Flop: ($12) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks.

Turn: ($12) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $11.4</font>, BB calls $11.40, UTG folds.

River: ($34.80) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $81</font>, Hero????

Not sure how much he raises in this spot without a straight though, esp given our stack sizes and it not being a PSB. Whatcha think?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Top set on turn, vs possible gut shot on riv

TJ has a double gutshot. Since you raised preflop he has to put you on a huge hand. I'd pitch it and feel good
Old 06-13-2007, 11:04 PM

Not to much help on this hand, maybe its just too standard.

I lost to J10, he had a double gutter and nothing else. Pretty suprised by the call on the turn, I gave him more credit than that to call me with such marginal holdings. Us being deepstacked I knew this was going to be air or J10, this player has bluffed me off rivers before and it certainly didn't help that I had a J in my hand. I didn't htink about J10 being a double gutter and couldn't see why he would play a gutshot here like this. Just one of those times he made a very loose call and got paid off. I'm not good enough to fold this here, I'm not sure how many people could. But if its an easy fold than I have a loooooong way to go. The end.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:18 AM

Do you normally lead out from the blinds with hands other than Aces?? if so i would bet the flop as OOP with AAxx you are always going to have some tough decisions in the hand.

personally i never lead out of the blinds unless i have a real monster, i would rather raise a marginal holding from the button than raise AAxx out of the blinds

as played i would bet the flop, obviously bet the turn and there is nothing you can really do here but check the river and if you know he is capable of bluffing alot of hands maybe call, but the way its played it really feels like he has hit
Old 06-14-2007, 11:39 AM

Yes I will raise out of the blinds with other hands than AAxx, actually I would prefer to raise with something like 6789 than AAxx tbh. I play AAxx very cautiously post flop when I raise preflop...ESPECIALLY if I'm in bad position, but looking back on it, I think I shoulda lead out with my hand. I'm just worried that whenever anyone raises at these limits EVERYONE puts them on AAxx, so I was thinking my hand was face up.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:13 AM

Why bet the river? Straight never folds, you wont get called by many hands you beat, and betting makes calling villian harder.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:33 AM

This looks like a perfect flop to lead. I'm not sure you find yourself in this river situation if you do, but that's neither here nor there.

I would fold river and feel OK about it, but you never know with some of these crazy HU grudge matches.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:35 AM

Actually yeah C/C river &gt; B/F for sure in this spot against this villain.

And I would still lead flop nearly 100% of the time here.