Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: My Story + An Offer (HOLY BALLS LONG)

I would be very interested in this.

As you did, I switched from SnGs to cash games a few months ago.

I made good money at SnGs but never got to the higher levels. My highest games were 33s with a few 55s and then Party was closed to US players.

I then switched to cash as I was kind of sick of SnGs.

I progressed my way up from 25NL to 50NL (was there for awhile) to my current level of 100NL.

Results so far:

25NL 5K hands 10bb/100 (pt stats)
50NL 80K hands 7.5bb/100
100NL 40K hands 4bb/100

I do want to learn and move up in stakes, I do play 6 tables and can play more, I have been on this forum for years.

- Experience at all forms of poker: SnGs mostly, some limit, now getting into NL
- Most tables you can see yourself playing: 8+ (have a sick monitor setup) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
- Current bankroll: ~$5000
- What you expect to get out of this arrangement: Be able to move up in the limits.

I am eager to learn, never had a coach but do subscribe to cardrunners. With so many hands already played at 100NL, I would almost prefer (if you were ok with it) to do this for 200NL instead as I hope to be there soon.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:49 PM

- Experience at all forms of poker:Have played mostly SNGs ranging from the 11s to the 55s
- Most tables you can see yourself playing:I was 9 tabling 33s on Party when that went south
- Current bankroll: I have 900 online right now
- What you expect to get out of this arrangement:
Make the move from SNGs to cash. I was at STTHUC I and II so finding someone to vouch for me shouldn't be an issue.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:55 PM

Poker timeline:

Senior year- Chris Moneymaker, 10 dollar homegames, getting money online to 1 table 5.50 SNGs as a breakevenish player, etc.

Freshman year of college- don't play at all first semester as I'm running cross country and generally just having a good time in college.

Christmas break Freshman year- My friend comes and visits for a few days. He's been playinig on party, but still not very good. We were gonna go to a party with some high school friends, but I was feeling sick, so we just stayed in and played a 50+5 tournament together on Party. Amazingly, suckout after suckout, we win and split the profits. 3k each. He sends the 3k to my party account in installments, and I blow it over a couple weeks. The last of it went at 5/10NL. I felt like a moron, but stopped playing online for a while, and just focused on studying and partying a lot.

I play a bit in between here and there, but still, nothigni serious.

Winter break sophomore year I go to Turning Stone. I had maybe 100 online and 500 in my bank account, so no matter what Ill be playing over my roll.

I end up chopping HU in a 60 dollar daily tournament there for 2400 dollars. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!.

I met AJunglen on my TS trip, and he teaches me SNGs, goes over a few hand histories for me, and all of a sudden I had a bankroll and was beating the Party 11s for a 17 percent ROI over 1000 6 tabling them non stop. By this time, I had quit cross countyr/track beacuse of knee problems, and wasn't going to class much. Poker was life.

I lurked STTF and registered in March, and saw Raptor mentioned he 20 tabled SNGs. I went on stars where its easier to multitable, and tried a 20 tabling set of 6.50s. Then again.. Then again. I didnit lose in my first 9 sets of that. I was making "tons of money," dropped down to three classes, and got bad grade in the three I took.

Since then I left college, but am going back this semester, and have not really improved my game like I've wanted to, mostly because of bad runs whenever I take a shot, and further bad play, followed by extended breaks from poker.

In terms of NL cash experience, I have 12,000 hands of 100NL 6max in my database from November when I quit SNGs for a while, but only made 2.4 PTBB/100 playing 26/20.

There's a ton of info in between, but it's already tl;dr, so ill leave it at that.

Current Br is about 3k, but I am owed some money and just cahsed out recently, so I feel more than adequately rolled for 100NL.

Ive 20+tabled SNGs, so I could see myself ~8 tabling 6max, but probably 6 to start.

I expect to learn the skills to beat short-handed NL, but the big weaknesses I have are hand-reading and different spots to value bet.

For staking, them 70 percent sounds more than fair, as the coaching is more than worth it.

In terms of me being trustworthy, I think futuredoc is the only guy who could legitimately vouch for me, but I wouldn't be opposed to up-front payments just because there's obviously a risk with someone you don't know.

--Dave
Old 01-11-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then i met McShove, who had just won a big MTT and switched to cash games. Something made him want to give me a quick coaching session, for free. Honestly, this is the single most important event to happen in my poker career.

[/ QUOTE ]
Having had the quick McShove lesson myself, I'd like to talk to you about this sometime.

Experience: I dabbled in all kinds from freerolls to Omaha8 tourneys. I do my best in small stakes NL SNG's (Pokerstars $6 and $11) and MTT's. I do love playing 25NL but I've played more SNG's because I'm just better at them. I do feel that I can really improve at the smaller NL ring games with some time and guidance.

Most tables I see myself playing: 6 I currently play 4, but I don't see why I couldn't go to 6, maybe 8.

Current bankroll: $160 (just withdrew $600 to help g/f with some bills)

What do I expect to get out of this arrangement: I expect to get knowledge, experience, and confidence. I know that with some guidance, I could be great. I would even be willing to lower my profit % for this opportunity because I know how much it would help my game and help me do it on my own.

Thanks for offering this and I hope whoever you choose, appreciates it.

I have been grinding since January of last year. I played sngs for the first 10 months of 2006 as a source of income, cashing out all too frequently to pay for school, rent and food. This has greatly hindered my progress as a poker
player. I have played around 20k hands at cash with varying success. I feel that I have a grasp on cash, but without the proper tutelage I will not be able to reach the apex of my potential. Under your guidance, I know that I would be able to make tremendous progress to baller status.

I have no problem being staked for little-to no profit in return for coaching. In reading your posts the past year or so, I have no doubt that if your coaching is anything like your commentary on 2p2 I would be able to learn an immeasurable amount of poker from you.

i sent you a pm but im gonna post it here again and answer everything fully:

20 years, of age.
Experience
around 7k sngs. $3.40s-->$60s
around 20k 6max NL hands 25nl-->100nl
random donkaments. that's about all of my poker experience. 2700 some odd 2p2 posts.

i dont know how many tables i could play realistically. probably 14+ (ty many long years of video games)
current br: $2000. this is before the semester starts [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

From your coaching I expect to become extremely proficient at mid stakes poker. I also expect this to help me on my way to the higher games.

futuredoc85, df_newb, and alreturnslol could all vouch for me and my legitedness.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please provide:

- Most tables you can see yourself playing:
- Current bankroll:

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker:
* Fairly Big winner (>6 BB/100 over 80K hands) in full ring Limit up to 5/10 with a little 10/20 thanks to prolific table selection.

* Double Digit ROI over 3K SNG's - mainly $33 to $77

* 5.5ptBB in NL100 and about 0.6 in NL200 over about 40K hands but had a couple of nasty swings in there. Was beating NL200 for a great clip and then dropped 10 buyins with some typical bad beats and tilt mixed in heavily... All this is 6 max. Playing NL100 now and really working on my game.

Tables: Currently play 3 or 4 but could play 6. 6 tabled SNG's back when I played those as my main game.

Bankroll: $6Kish online but I withdraw monthly. Have <Indiana> LOTS more if needed!!! </Indiana> (sorry bud, could not resist [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Expectations: Like Wiggs I'm not really interested in staking because I don't need it and I think I'd play poorly if I was using someone else's money (ie play too cautiously). I'm a part time player but love and study the game and hate that I am not beating it for a bigger clip and have many leaks - some I know about, many I probably have no idea about. I'm sure we could work something out if you were interested.

Bonus: I have been working on a DB/HUD for the last 4 months specifically for NL Cash and it is coming along very nicely... There might be some opportunities there - I'd love to get feedback / ideas from a consistent multi tabling winner of NL Cash.

rvg
Old 01-11-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- Most tables you can see yourself playing: 8+ (have a sick monitor setup) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha ive seen this setup a few times on the boards. No question it is ridiculous [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Keep the applications coming! While i'm only taking one more student right now, if this goes well, i will continue doing this in the future!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:10 PM

i'm not even close to meeting the requirements needed to be picked as a "protégé", but i wanted to say that this is an amazing offer, cudos to Pasterbator for facing this challenge and for being willing to pass his knowledge to a newbie. very, very noble of you.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:10 PM

-Age 19
-Experience at all forms of poker:
I’ve been playing for maybe 2 year online, built up my roll from jetset freerolls and have played around 3k SNGs from 2.75 to 33s and 27t’s. Up to 8 tabling 27s, but rite now in 8 tabling 16s after the party switch.
Last month I tried 10k hands of 100NL with very limited success
I’ve played some MTTs but nothing exciting happened, probably made a little in them.
-Most tables you can see yourself playing
I have played up to 8, I haven’t played more than 4 cash tables at once, but I don’t see it being much of a problem. I don’t know if could play much more than 8 because I haven’t tried, but I would be willing to.

-Current bankroll
Around 2k

Learn a lot about poker; actually learn how to play cash games well, and hopefully get up to some good mid stakes NL in the future.

I know pretty much all of the Toronto guys so they can all vouch for me (eagles, Pudge, BigT, Inyaface)

I’m just wondering how much time per week you would expect this protégée to play and commit to this project