Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 05:53 AM

Default JJ faces aggression

No real reads no stats on either player yet either.

Full Tilt 0.25/0.5 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero folds??

I don't think I should have bet out on the flop... I think it is safe to assume that one if not both of them have a bigger pair then me.

Hows this look to everyone else?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:26 AM

Default Re: JJ faces aggression

Yes, check flop. Fold when it is 2 bets back to you.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:27 AM

David, let me ask this...did you betting out on the flop make your decision to fold easier?
Old 11-06-2007, 02:05 PM

I actually don't mind the flop bet because I think it does make the decision to fold easier. In my mind you have clearly established that at least one of these players has a higher pocket pair. If a player caps preflop with AK and the action goes check, bet then a raise to force the EP player wouldn't be so bad. But if that player is already facing a bet and a raise after the cap then dumping AK is the way to go. We found out our overpair is no good for one small bet postflop.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David, let me ask this...did you betting out on the flop make your decision to fold easier?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think it did. Suppose I had checked, the middle position player bet and the later position player raised. I can still see someone doing that with AK, but I can't see them 3towning it with AK. I guess the reason I bet out the flop was to try to take control, if it had come back to me preflop with a three bet, I would have capped, Since I didn't have this option I tried to take control on the flop.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:58 PM

i like this line fine, because i end up check/3betting instead, which is bad news
Old 11-06-2007, 06:49 PM

Yeah you played this fine, I do like your reasoning behind you leading the flop, considering a 3-bet tells you so much more.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think it did. Suppose I had checked, the middle position player bet and the later position player raised. I can still see someone doing that with AK, but I can't see them 3towning it with AK. I guess the reason I bet out the flop was to try to take control, if it had come back to me preflop with a three bet, I would have capped, Since I didn't have this option I tried to take control on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

good answer. You are against 2 unknowns here at the lowest limit that fulltilt offers so putting then in bigger pairs based purely on preflop would be wrong....but you can be much more confident in folding when it is 3 balled and if it turns out that they both are nutjobs overplaying AQ and AK then hopefully theyll stick around long enough for you to pwn them.

also even if your hand is good on the flop its probable that you will face alot of heat on the turn/river so getting a cheap SD probably wont happen
Old 11-06-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Love your train of thought here. Something I wouldn't have considered myself. I'd probably have checked the flop instead, but indeed, I would've gotten a lot less info that way. You made sure you were up against an overpair (or an insane maniac at the very least).

Great play!