Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Didn\'t I just say I don\'t slow play two pair?

CO three bet range: AK, JJ+
BB 2 bet range: any two cards especially suited.

Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="#FF0000">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Rainbow flop, two pair and I ain't happy. I can't donk raise against CO because he will check/raise the turn if he has me dominated. BB can easily be on at least a bd draw of some sort. I am easily behind here. I want to see a 4 diamonds on the turn.

Crap turn card, ok well it completes some draws and makes others better if I donk there is a good chance that CO calls unless he has a set and thre was an excellent chance he checks as he isn't very aggressive.

Not sure if others would agree with this line of reasoning but I had this guy booked pretty good. He is calling AK,KK and JJ. He might actually fold JJ but I doubt it. He is 3 betting AA and QQ, since I had one of each I figured he was going to call my donk.

If I let it go he is checking KK and JJ and betting AK but he is behind with AK and BB could very well reraise it with a straight or a flush draw.

I can't 3 bet AQ and I don't think I want to call two so that is why I donked the turn.

River clearly was the worst card for me.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Didn\'t I just say I don\'t slow play two pair?

I'd check-raise the flop, especially when BB calls. I don't know why you're not happy...

AA = 1 hand
QQ = 3 hands

and you crush

AK = 8 hands
KK = 6 hands
JJ = 6 hands

Plus KK/JJ might chase a gutshot too far and AK might accidentally give you too much action.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:48 AM

Yeah I should have check/raised but I got greedy because we just talked about slow playing two pair and so I did this. Always good to prove to yourself why you shouldn't slow play two pair.

Mostly I was mubbing it though. It had been a bad table I should have left as I had been rivered 3 times earlier and wasn't thinking clearly. Get even mode. Micro greed tilt. Whatever you want to call it. Friggin stupid.

I was going to check/raise the turn on a blank but the blank didn't come so you get the rest.

Left the next hand.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:06 AM

how is the 9s not a blank?
Old 11-04-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-04-2007, 04:42 AM

I think c/r flop is good choice. CO is tight but he probably cbets this even if he has KK or JJ.

I screwed myself with BB calling the flop. For some reason I thought he would fold the flop. Don't know why I would think that but I know I did. When he called I thought, oh goody I can get two more bets out of this if the turn is a blank for the BB.

The nine wasn't a blank for the BB considering his propensity to play suited cards. It gave him and the CO more outs.

I was pretty sure they weren't going to bet it. The point is that I let greed get in the way of logic, which is exactly why I said I don't slow play two pair.

FPS here, trying to induce a bluff, it was garbage.

Ironically, this is one of those rare occassions where being greedy saves you money.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT. You're worried Villain has what, 99? J8?
Old 11-04-2007, 04:13 PM

:g:
As played c/r turn, but really get the money in while ahead. They are going to suck out anyway ... but you'll feel better about it.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ironically, this is one of those rare occassions where being greedy saves you money.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is quite funny. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]