Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will you do if they reinstate the draft?
Enlist happily and fight for my country. 21 14.00%
F that, this war is stupid. 40 26.67%
Move to Mexico or Canada 36 24.00%
BASTARD!! 53 35.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2007, 11:11 PM

Default Re: ***yankees official offseason thread*****

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Andruw Jones is a better hitter and fielder, and may be willing to take a short term, even one year deal to re-establish his market value. He's also a prime candidate for a huge bounce back season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andruw Jones and Scott Boras aren't going to talk 1-year with anybody. Someone asked Boras that earlier in the year and he seemed quite offended.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Bora's job to act offended, but that doesn't mean he gets everything he wants. In 2006 Andruw's OPS+ was 126, his career OPS+ is 117. This year it was 88 and he hit .222. That is going to weigh on every potential GM's mind, whether they know what OPS+ is or not, they sure know what a .222 batting average is.

If Andruw's only long term offer is at $12M per year, do you think he wants that as his final long term contract? I think Boras and Andruw believe he's worth $20M+ a year on a long term deal. And I doubt he gets offered anything close to that this offseason. Hence Cashman's opportunity to get creative. Offer a $20M one year deal or a 2 year $36M deal with a one year opt-out, so he can try the market again next year. Or he just offer Jones a 6/$120M deal with a weight clause and get it done now.

Oh and on comparing him to Rowand. The plus/minus chart on the Jeter thread has Andruw at +24, one behind Beltran. 10th in the MLB is Ichiro at +4. Rowand isn't on the list, so he's somewhere between +3 and -9. That makes Andruw not only a better hitter than Rowand, but also a way better fielder.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh and on comparing him to Rowand. The plus/minus chart on the Jeter thread has Andruw at +24, one behind Beltran. 10th in the MLB is Ichiro at +4. Rowand isn't on the list, so he's somewhere between +3 and -9. That makes Andruw not only a better hitter than Rowand, but also a way better fielder.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure we established that the chart in the Jeter thread isn't overly accurate.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:18 PM

Dc,

All i asked was if he's better than rowand on multiple fielding metrics. He really has gotten chunky and lost range, I don't think he's nearly as good as that chart indicates...however if other metrics support that one, well then obviously he is.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure we established that the chart in the Jeter thread isn't overly accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if this is true, what about the fact that EVERY defensive metric has Jeter as terrible at shortstop?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if this is true, what about the fact that EVERY defensive metric has Jeter as terrible at shortstop?

[/ QUOTE ]

??? I don't think he was making any argument about Jeter, but rather saying it may not be optimal to use one system to Rowand and Jones.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

??? I don't think he was making any argument about Jeter, but rather saying it may not be optimal to use one system to Rowand and Jones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, nobody is denying that Jeter is tuh suk at defense. But as far as that particular matrix's accuracy is concerned, it had some very strange choices.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:25 PM

ya kyleb... why u so stupid
Old 11-09-2007, 07:31 PM

Yanks answer at 3rd base should be either A. Laroche or Migeul Tejada. Everyone else either sucks or will cost way way to much.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:44 PM

Kennedy + Cano + Melky + Some good prospect I don't know about...how short of cabrera is that

EDIT- forgot cano sry kyleb

so ya how short is that? I would do that... cano is close to replaceable... and melky is easily replaced and improved upon
Old 11-09-2007, 07:44 PM

extremely.