FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 03:06 AM

Default $5 HUSNG--Couple hands, check my line

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t15/t30
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB calls t15 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t45)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t90</font>, SB calls t60 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t90)</font>.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t180, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t140</font>, SB calls t140 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t320)</font>.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t460, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t310</font>, SB calls t310 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t770)</font>.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t1080, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in t645</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: t645 returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: t1080

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t20/t40
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB calls t20 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t60)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t120</font>, SB calls t80 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t120)</font>.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t240, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets t240</font>, Hero calls t240 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t480)</font>.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t720, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets t720</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: t720 returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: t720

First hand of a different game, Villain on the button.
He raises to 60.
I reraise to 180 with JJ.
He goes all in.
I call.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:15 AM

Default Re: $5 HUSNG--Couple hands, check my line

Hand 1: You might very well be right to bet the turn but I don't like it. I would guess he's on a spades draw but I don't think you are deep enough to bet it. I'd check.
Hand 2: This had just plain sucks. I think I would play it the same way and I think it's probably wrong. Laying down QQ in HU is very hard but I'm not sure what else you can do. Unless the turn helps you, you need to expect what happened to happen a lot and be forced to fold w/o an amazing read.
Hand 3: I think easy call. I generally only play $22 level on PS, but i think the pushing range is probably AJ+ and maybe 66+. I would give extra weight to pairs smaller than AA and to AK.

I'm no expert so it wouldn't hurt to get mor experienced playrs input.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: $5 HUSNG--Couple hands, check my line

Hand#1 - I don't mind betting the turn but I probably would have bet a bit less . On the river , you're getting about 2.67:1 on your call which is very tempting but it's probably unlikely he is playing bottom pair this way . The only other hand he may have bet the river that you beat is probably a busted draw . Either way , I don't mind folding .

Hand#2- Not much you could do other than to maybe reduce your flop bet size just a bit .