Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is it?
Beat 23 46.94%
Brag 26 53.06%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Prima/Microgaming - New features

One more request: higher minimum buy-ins on the NL tables. These 10BB short stackers are annoying as all hell. Every other site has 20 as a minimum--make it 40 or 50 to really make me happy.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:15 PM

Well, I can't comment on those networks because I haven't played on them. However, I think you'll agree that you generally want to compare with the best rather than the worst. The thing is that most of this stuff is pretty minor in the scheme of things, so there's no good reason not to have excellent software. I can only assume that the main reason for bad software in the industry is prioritization.

I wouldn't expect the network to contact me directly, but I would like to see them participating in forums such as this one. I think this would benefit both sides. I dislike the fact that you have to talk to the skins, who have no direct power over the network. However, this may be much less of an issue than I'm making out.

Regarding bugs, there are some in this thread and others, but I'm more talking about past bugs that have been dealt with. The idea behind testing is obviously that bugs don't get to the production system, but they often do with MG. It really seems to me that the extensive testing in this case is really just an excuse for why things take so long.

MG software often angers me. This is usually because it's as if nobody at MG actually bothered to use the software before it got released. The covering of the stack sizes in miniview is a good example. Another would be the new in-hand reload option. This was a good addition, but it had some really obvious flaws that most players noticed as soon as it came out. Other things are just weird, like not having a pot option preflop in NL games.

Anyway, as I said I still have high hopes for the software, as I think most of the problems are easily solved if MG have the will. I also realize I'm concentrating on the negatives, whereas the software does have some positives (biggest one I can think of vs other sites is giving you the chance to reload before the next hand starts if you get stacked) and of course the speed.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:18 PM

Also, and I'm pretty sure I've said it before, it's great that you're participating in these forums.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:34 AM

I would like to see the bet slider improved to bet in even amounts of BB instead of weird fractions of your stack.
Another really sick feature would be to be able to set what you want your "min" "2x min" "4x min" buttons to be. For example I would like to have a 1.5x min button for preflop raises. I think this would be really easy to implement, actually there are mods for this on FT/stars.
Another thing that makes me tilt very badly is that whenever there is an action on another table it immediately steals focus. This makes typing in bet amounts extremely frustrating. I would like for the software to wait for my action, then switch to another table.
Also, fix the weird bug where if I fold my hand in tournaments with others left to act I am asked if I want to "show/muck cards" and then time out since the buttons don't actually do anything.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing that makes me tilt very badly is that whenever there is an action on another table it immediately steals focus. This makes typing in bet amounts extremely frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]
They added in an option to stop tables stealing focus a few months ago. Have a look around table options etc.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:45 AM

3 different lobbies, none of them do what I want, just view NL/PL100 full ring tables. Except for sometimes, when the slider lets me choose 0.40/0.80 as lower marker (where there are no tables).
But anyway, no traffic at FR NL/PL100, is that normal? Also, I'm playing via Unibet. Some table names are green. Are these Unibet-only tables?

Oh yeah, some more complaints: Stack covered in miniview by pot and bet size buttons, no bet sizes in regular view, ugly as hell, auto-post is automatically on and automatically posts your blind out of turn...

EDIT: Logged in to GNUF, they have more tables going... Why?
Old 10-07-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
auto-post is automatically on and automatically posts your blind out of turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is also an option that you can turn off. However, you do bring up another issue: auto-post blinds shouldn't auto-post outside of the blinds.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:16 AM

True, and I do, but I don't think an option that does something that costs people money they don't want to spend should be automatically on.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another thing that makes me tilt very badly is that whenever there is an action on another table it immediately steals focus. This makes typing in bet amounts extremely frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]
They added in an option to stop tables stealing focus a few months ago. Have a look around table options etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. What this option does it never pops up any table anymore, which is less annoying, but still not very useful. Now you have to search the tables to see if some of them require any action. Popup in a queued fashion is the way to go, like Stars &amp; Tilt already do.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
True, and I do, but I don't think an option that does something that costs people money they don't want to spend should be automatically on.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do. Easy for you to turn off, if the lazy fish never find out they can turn it off it's all good.