FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 04:37 AM

Default Re: spammer hit a bunch of forum

again
Old 08-05-2007, 06:44 AM

And again. I got this one.

ADMINS -- THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND.

All of us mods are getting really fu[/i]cking sick of deleting a dozen posts a day from this prick. 99% of my mod actions the past 2 weeks have been cleaning up my forum of these spam posts.

Install a goddam registration method that requires something more than an email address.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:25 AM

You forgot to use the " [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] " thingy to let us know how you really feel about this terrible responsibility that has been foisted upon you by that inconsiderate [censored].
Old 08-05-2007, 08:43 AM

These guys are getting really good at getting lots of posts up before their banning.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You forgot to use the " [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] " thingy to let us know how you really feel about this terrible responsibility that has been foisted upon you by that inconsiderate [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it was just a moment of real frustration coming onto MSHE tonight to see a long string of threads all with the same user having Last Post, and then going through tediously, deleting them all and banning him. This is happening daily and I realize it's not a big deal in the grand scheme, but today it frustrates me severely.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

All of us mods are getting really fu[/i]cking sick of deleting a dozen posts a day from this prick. 99% of my mod actions the past 2 weeks have been cleaning up my forum of these spam posts.

Install a goddam registration method that requires something more than an email address.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel this way too. I'd at least like some indication that there's some work being done towards a solution (or that when a spammer gets caught the admins are doing the "nuke all that guys posts" crap).
Old 08-05-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel this way too. I'd at least like some indication that there's some work being done towards a solution (or that when a spammer gets caught the admins are doing the "nuke all that guys posts" crap).

[/ QUOTE ]

Mods are the solution. As are posters hitting the Notify button. There's an Admin marked as a mod in every forum, and when he sees a string of similar post notifications, as far as I've seen, yes, he zaps the whole account.

What's the guy actually trying to sell? I haven't looked, and nor has anyone else in the Zoo. The posts are skipped over and hardly cause a ripple, as far as readers are concerned. No one likes spam. No one reads spam posts.

If I was the guy, I'd only make one spam post every now and then. It would stand a much greater chance of staying up for a while than with his method of making 30 posts, which does get his account zapped and all posts deleted within hours, if not minutes.

You're worrying about it too much.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:17 AM

Mike,

I don't like being the solution when a better one exists. If we didn't have better options, I'd be more than willing to accept our role. The thing is that there is stuff that Ryan and Chuck can do (and potentially are doing). I'd like to know what's going on in this area.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:00 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...72#Post11546272

King James Bible spammer. Thats a new low.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:43 AM

lol