Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 11-24-2007, 08:46 PM

Default $10nl 6-max vid - Talking Points

I agreed in the uNL brew to do a $10nl 6-max vid this weekend.

Thought it might help some people here to.

Let me know if there are any topics you want me to cover.

Someone in the brew suggested:

Ok will list a few things, might come up with more.
1) Continuation betting, dealing with people who minraise everytime you cont bet.
2) Double barelling (linked to first)
3) Marginal hands against maniacs
4) Preflop 3betting

A huge leak in my game seems to be continuation betting, i lose tonnes of 10bb pots because i am cont betting and people are calling down light. I find it hard to make this money up when i do get a real hand and want to bet for value.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:16 AM

Default Re: $10nl 6-max vid - Talking Points

great idea, very much appreciated

one other suggestion is playing OOP with semi-strong hands (TPGK etc)
Old 11-25-2007, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A huge leak in my game seems to be continuation betting, i lose tonnes of 10bb pots because i am cont betting and people are calling down light. I find it hard to make this money up when i do get a real hand and want to bet for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play the micro-stakes (FR and 6-max) and I can really recognise this leak. FR: Say you have AQo and raise PF and get 1 caller who has position on you. Flop doesn't hit you, but you (standard) c-bet the flop, he calls. Now what?
Most of the times I just give up the hand and I fold to a bet on the turn or river or check it down to the river where villain wins with middle pair and often worse.

I'm just barely learning the fine art of c-betting with analyzing board-structures and PT villain stats. Double-barreling and other fancy plays I usually don't do at the micro-stakes of 2NL-50NL, thinking that is more something for levels above 50NL.

But what you see at levels below 50NL is that if your c-bet is around 50% of pot, they call light, beacuse your bet size looks weak. If you c-bet around 70-100% of pot, they usually let go of their hand more easily, beacuse they'll give you more credit for a hand. Anyone concurr?

When will you post your vid btw?
Old 11-25-2007, 09:37 AM

I just moved back down to 10NL from 25NL (lost $100 pot JJ<AJ hyahayayah). And from my experience, if you c-bet around 3/4 pot on dry flops and full pot on drawy flops, you will take it down most of the time. Heck, even when I'm playing ridiculously loose I do this and they still give me respect.

Edit: I messed around with 1/2 pot c-bets for awhile and I didn't like how people call them so light.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just moved back down to 10NL from 25NL (lost $100 pot JJ<AJ hyahayayah). And from my experience, if you c-bet around 3/4 pot on dry flops and full pot on drawy flops, you will take it down most of the time. Heck, even when I'm playing ridiculously loose I do this and they still give me respect.

Edit: I messed around with 1/2 pot c-bets for awhile and I didn't like how people call them so light.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can 2nd that, been playing 10NL and 3/4 the pot for a c-bet seems to work, most people dont care if u play every hand if they dont hit they wont call a bet thats more than half the size of the pot.

great Idea and looking forward to ti.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:26 AM

Made the vid last night.

Played a 22/17 game for about 175 hands.

I had a thought after I made my vid to incorporate it into my pooh-bah post for uNL.

Stay turned.