Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 11-16-2007, 03:09 AM

Default ***OFFICIAL $2/5 PLO8 AT THE WYNN THREAD***

A few people have expressed some interest in trying to get a game going here. I'd absolutely love it if somehow we could get this game regularly spread there. I doubt we'd be able to get a full table at $5/10, so I think we should start at $2/5.

Tomorrow(Friday) night was talked about....would anyone else be up for that? PM me for my phone number if you want, and feel free to call me whenever you're trying to start up a game here.

bitch moan count
Old 11-23-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL $2/5 PLO8 AT THE WYNN THREAD*** Nov 30th?

This is a bump that several 2p2s are trying to get together a live PLO8 game on Friday Nov 30th in the evening in Vegas. Please PM me if you are interested, with the following information:

Top and bottom stakes (ie 1/2 to 10/20)
Game Selection (Which of the following would you put up with: PLO8, PLO (high only), Juarez)
Cell Phone # or best way to reach you

Tentatively, we will shoot for either the Wynn or Binions on Friday the 30th November.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:38 AM

I PMed you, but I'll post the info(minus phone number) here as well:

Would like to play $2/5, can play $5/10 or $1/3.

Have no interest at all in high only...don't really know how to play it.

Would much much rather play at the Wynn than Binions.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:08 PM

There seems to be some interest in this Friday Nov 30th at the Wynn. I'm going to suggest asking for a 1/3 pot-limit table.

Question - Will the Wynn Poker room be so full on a Friday night that they would laugh at us showing up and asking for a special list of interest?

I suspect that we're much more likely to get a full table if we're not exclusively PLO8. My experiences elsewhere suggest that a lot more people will sit down unexpectedly for high-only, and we could probably get a full table with a round of PLO and then a round of PLO8.

Assani - Book up on the PLO, buddy! You've got 3 days to read Slotboom :-)
Old 11-27-2007, 05:40 AM

Frank,

$1/3 is fine if you think that'll get the most people.

I've never played high only. I've read the Slotboom book, and I understand the concepts of O8 enough that I think I could play it. I would still much much prefer to have just hi/lo though, but I'll play whatever you decide....any way we could at least try PLO8 first and see if we get enough people?

Also...I think the WPT starts tomorrow at Bellagio...any chance of getting a game there? I may go there in an hour or two to check it out and I'll ask, although I fear dealing with the floor there.

89,610 and counting
Old 11-27-2007, 06:05 AM

So right now I'm playing some $1/2 PLO to try to learn the game just for you! Why on earth does this game only run 6 max online? Also can someone give me some tips? Keep in mind that I understand most of the basics due to playing O8 a lot, but I'm a bit unsure about starting/raising hands and other finer points.

89,609 and counting
Old 11-28-2007, 03:22 AM

You can get my $$$ playing $1-3 PL starting Thursday night at the Wynn.

Based on my experience last time I was there, you can get a lot of others too. We almost converted the $10-20 LO8 table to PL -- there was only one objector.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:57 PM

Hey if any of you ever come down to melbourne, aust.. theres a fornightly home game that my friend runs, actually its weekly, but one week its just holdem, its 2/3 with a $200 buy in, we play one round Omaha, one round hi/lo(both pot limit)......and guests are always welcome... anyone here is free to pm me if interested
Old 11-29-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL $2/5 PLO8 AT THE WYNN THREAD***

a few 2+2'ers were able to get a 5-5 PLO game going at the the wynn last month but we were only able to keep it going because a few europeans joined us.

I imagine it will be very tough to keep PLO8 going so make sure you have a bunch of interested people. You could also try PLO / PLO8 mix to get more interest.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL $2/5 PLO8 AT THE WYNN THREAD***

[ QUOTE ]
I imagine it will be very tough to keep PLO8 going so make sure you have a bunch of interested people. You could also try PLO / PLO8 mix to get more interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

On that note, I would recommend that anybody who would like to play PLO8 live should also get comfy with PLO (high), since you're much more likely to get that going than PLO8. We got a PLO going at binion's in September, and there was at least one Johnny Buzzkill who would not consent to admitting PLO8 into the mix with PLO.