Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 09-30-2007, 03:55 PM

Default NL25 AK

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $28.50
BB: $24.85
UTG: $111.00
MP: $42.70
Hero (CO): $25.60
BTN: $27.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, BB calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, BB calls $3.50

River: ($12.10) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero ...

Villain was 30/15/0.86 after 40 hands with 46 wtsd. So Valuebet on the River or checkbehind? Probably I also have to make a bigger bet on the Turn.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Re: NL25 AK

I think this is fine against this guy. I'm definitely making a half pot value bet on the river. His range is wide, he's passive and likely to call it a lot. Plus the chance of his check raising us is ridiculously slim.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:58 PM

Hmmm, i guess he has a draw, i dont see him checking the river with a good hand? I dont know, i worry in these situations that only a better hand calls. And the pot is big enough anyway and we only have one pair, check for safety.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:32 PM

Small stakes TPTK is a monster, and you want value. Bet 1/3-1/2 the pot and you'll get looked up plenty.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is fine against this guy. I'm definitely making a half pot value bet on the river. His range is wide, he's passive and likely to call it a lot. Plus the chance of his check raising us is ridiculously slim.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree
Old 09-30-2007, 04:36 PM

I bet here for value as well, his only holding which beats us is AJ, AT. I dont think this guy chases gutshots. We beat his much wider range here. I would say, bet something for value.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet here for value as well, his only holding which beats us is AJ, AT. I dont think this guy chases gutshots. We beat his much wider range here. I would say, bet something for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

You definitely spank his range here. The issue is whether or not you are doing well against his range that calls. I'm guessing a hefty chunk of his range here is flush draws, which will fold. His WTSD is pretty high, I guess, meaning that he can probably call this down with a J, in which case it's a definite value bet. I'm a bit torn on what I'd do if I thought he'd fold everything but whatever As he could have here, as I think it gets thinner at that point, but it's probably still a bet.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You definitely spank his range here. The issue is whether or not you are doing well against his range that calls. I'm guessing a hefty chunk of his range here is flush draws, which will fold. His WTSD is pretty high, I guess, meaning that he can probably call this down with a J, in which case it's a definite value bet. I'm a bit torn on what I'd do if I thought he'd fold everything but whatever As he could have here, as I think it gets thinner at that point, but it's probably still a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are true, we have not underrepresented our hand. It's very likely villain puts us on a (strong) ace.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:56 PM

for me I think I might check here. your hand is face up, he coulc look you up with a worse hand sometimes but given that a hand like KsQs is played like this. unless you have seen him going to showdown with second pair before, I would be tempted to check behind. not many worse hands can call here.

although a small value bet ~1/3 the pot would probably be great and lure a wider range o calling.