Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 02:42 PM

Default PLO100 - Playing a wrap deep

not sure what to make of Villan (23/8/2.2), one of those kinda passive types who seem to make a few weird plays and are probably breakeven at best. i think its kinda standard up till the turn, FWIW villan seemed to take an age making decisions on all streets, which kinda gave me the impression they didnt have a clue where they were/what to do

Cryptologic
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $170.43
CO: $23.50
Button: $102.50
SB: $108.40
BB: $183.61

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $12</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($27, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $27</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $84</font>, Hero???
Old 11-13-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: PLO100 - Playing a wrap deep

i never raise this flop. check the turn after you did. fold now unless you plan on shoving a spade river if checked too.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:56 PM

I open this up preflop for a raise fwiw.

As played I like the raise and the double barrel.

I fold to the reraise tho.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:03 PM

yeah i agree with raising this preflop.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:38 PM

Why would you fold to the check/raise? It looks almost certain that we're up against top set in which case villain only has two possible cards to make a FD with. If that's the case, we have 16 outs and easily have direct odds to call. Even if villain does have set+FD (which I doubt), we've still got 11 outs and some implied odds.

FWIW though, against a passive type, you really don't need to raise a wrap on a FD board. Just calling down and trying to hit your hand or possibly bluff a flush card is the play here.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i agree with raising this preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree although not all of the time. i limp with these hands about 50% of the time UTG, as i do with AAxx and KKxx.

just depends on table dynamics, how im feeling etc
Old 11-13-2007, 09:56 PM

even a monster wrap is severely damaged with 2 to a suit on the board. if this guy connected to this board in any way including a flush draw, you look to be in trouble. plus this is a limped pot; i would just try to spike the nuts and draw cheaply.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:03 AM

as played on the turn, and given how deep it is,,, i prob call it... you almost have the correct odds to call... plus alot of your straight cards will get you somewhat payed off, even by a passive villian...and chances are as played he doesnt have spades so i normally call this.. and shove any spade if checked to
Old 11-14-2007, 02:18 AM

raise preflop, call flop, then call turn if he bets again. I would check behind if he checks to you on turn after you call the flop. I think it can be a big leak to overplay wraps on flushdraw boards, since you end up have to guess as to the right play when your card comes in that also happens to make your flush. As played call the turn and fold if you dont improve.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:12 PM

OK this is how the hand went down. the turn i just thought was bizzare it was like a 3/4 pot reraise giving me 2.4-1 pot odds, and looking at the actual win % i was 2.6-1 to make my hand so calling is far from a mistake as i only need $15 or so on the river to make it a breakeven call

the river was obviously a bad card for me, probably the worst in the deck, but does anyone fold here getting 7-1?? im certainly not good enough

All in all i thought i played this hand fairly well - i think the repot on the flop in an unraised pot is standard, as im obviously trying to get 2 pair to lay down. i have to 2 barrel the turn as im representing a monster, and im sure that its a +ev bet as that type of player will lay down a lesser hand that has me beat a good% of the time. the result sucks but if the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] drops and they call a river shove from me it all of a sudden looks textbook

Cryptologic
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $170.43
CO: $23.50
Button: $102.50
SB: $108.40
BB: $183.61

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $12</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($27, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $27</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $84</font>, Hero calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($195, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $35</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $265
<font color="#ffffff">BB shows 9s As 6s Jc</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero mucks Tc Qh 8h Th</font>