Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: A-Rod opts out of contract

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
david wright is better than AROD? wtf r u talking about

[/ QUOTE ]
Please respond to the person who made the comments you reference so the rest of us know wtf you're talking about.

Anyway most people around here will tell you that Wright is worth more going foward simply because he's a younger player. He may not be worth more next season, but over the course of the next ten (or however long of a contract Boras wnats) he probably will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arod will bring in a shizload of revenue due to him breaking all-time HR record making his value much higher than wright's

[/ QUOTE ]

david wright has him crushed. if you don't understand why, see how much they are paid.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But nobody in their right mind thinks A-Rod can stay at third.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-08-2007, 02:37 PM

I know he won't do it, but if A-Rod accepted the arbitration that the Yankees are offering, how much money could he get for 1 year?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know he won't do it, but if A-Rod accepted the arbitration that the Yankees are offering, how much money could he get for 1 year?

[/ QUOTE ]

35-40
Old 11-08-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

35-40

[/ QUOTE ]

Would Boras let him do that so that by next year the new Cub ownership is in place and he gets the deal he wants?(ownership after he retires, ect.?)
Old 11-08-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

35-40

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems way out of line to me. What are the other top position players making? I have a hard time seeing an arbitrator award Arod nearly twice as much.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would Boras let him do that so that by next year the new Cub ownership is in place and he gets the deal he wants?(ownership after he retires, ect.?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does everyone keep saying the Cubs can/will/should offer A-Rod ownership options? Is that even allowed by MLB or the MLBPA?

If it's possible and you're Boars/A-Rod what do you think is the smarter decision:

A) Take $35m arbitration contract with the intention of maybe signing with the Cubs next year for 7/$240m and potential ownership post-contract while risking an injury that either ends your career or severely hampers your value

OR

B) Sign a 8 year/$280m guaranteed contract to the highest bidder.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:05 PM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues

i don't think more than 2-3 teams will offer more than $30M for 1 year, and even fewer more than $35M.

the situation really would have to fall into place, where a team could potentially make $40M more for that season because ARod was there, or if he was possibly the last piece of a championship.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

35-40

[/ QUOTE ]

lol no. the highest anybody has ever asked for (that I can find) is Clemens 2 years ago, who asked for $22m. The Astros countered with $13.5m

before Jeter signed hi FA deal (years ago, but when free agent salaries were still very high), he asked for $18m, and the Yankees countered with $14m.

there is no way Arod would double these guys.

edit: Miguel Cabrera is around $8m. Arod put up better numbers, but not 4-5x as good
Old 11-08-2007, 03:08 PM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does everyone keep saying the Cubs can/will/should offer A-Rod ownership options? Is that even allowed by MLB or the MLBPA?

If it's possible and you're Boars/A-Rod what do you think is the smarter decision:

A) Take $35m arbitration contract with the intention of maybe signing with the Cubs next year for 7/$240m and potential ownership post-contract while risking an injury that either ends your career or severely hampers your value

OR

B) Sign a 8 year/$280m guaranteed contract to the highest bidder.

[/ QUOTE ]

i read something a couple of months ago saying that it was definitely illegal for contracts to have ownership clauses.

[ QUOTE ]

from page 213 of the MLB’s CBA,

“4c. The player represents that he does not, directly or indirectly, own stock or have any financial interest in the ownership or earnings of any Major League Club, except as hereinafter expressly set forth, and covenants that he will not hereafter, while connected with any Major League Club, acquire or hold any such stock or interest.”

[/ QUOTE ]