Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Who is the best Omaha 8 player in the world?

Prince of Docness
Old 09-26-2007, 09:07 AM

Gassu/Buklah at plo8b and its not even close. He won big when the games were tough and when they were easy. Wint, who I was bizarrely fond of, did it in one year when the plo8b games were a pure anomaly. Buk is playing limit too, but im not convinced he is as good there.

gl

bdd
Old 09-26-2007, 07:00 PM

I think the toughest guys 4 me are (in no order) hakkalah, davebreal, schimettia, gassss_u, decesions and ritz_club. They all can be tricky and re-bluff u with air. Some are better HU and SH than others and some have not gotten any better since the party poker heyday, but all should be big winners in PLO8.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the toughest guys 4 me are (in no order) hakkalah, davebreal, schimettia, gassss_u, decesions and ritz_club. They all can be tricky and re-bluff u with air. Some are better HU and SH than others and some have not gotten any better since the party poker heyday, but all should be big winners in PLO8.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have more hands with Dave than any other player, and he definitely has taken MORE than his fair share off of me. Gasss_u is a real pain, but he is steadily becoming a less profitable player in my DB as I get more hands with him.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:54 PM

toughest guys 4 me are (in no order) hakkalah, davebreal, schimettia

Scimmietta you mean (Italian for 'little monkey'). Kind of nice to hear that he is considered strong. Scimmietta is my twin brother IRL, poker player Mark Bartlog. Plays a lot of games quite well, reached the final table at the WSOP this year in triple draw...
Old 09-26-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have more hands with Dave than any other player, and he definitely has taken MORE than his fair share off of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's ok, you're a lawyer, you can afford me... lol!
Old 09-27-2007, 01:28 AM

I remember reading in cardplayer that Scotty Nguyen claimed to be the best hilo player in the world and would challenge anyone at any limit.

don't know about this, thought he was just a tourney player
Old 09-27-2007, 10:50 AM

ya'll are crazy, pl08 and buklah are the best hands down no one is even on the same level with them.....OK maybe you are game much respect, butz putting people like fatnutz, cake, and those other 2 ftp donks is just comical.....i think we should throw breal in there too ~cough~!!.....O my bad i guess you did, pretty ridic statement there deady, honestly do you think that?????????
Old 09-27-2007, 10:53 AM

~side note i was wondering if you guys wanted to run some 500, 1k sngs on stars they have turbos and regular....just throwin it out there
Old 09-27-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ya'll are crazy, pl08 and buklah are the best hands down no one is even on the same level with them.....OK maybe you are game much respect, butz putting people like fatnutz, cake, and those other 2 ftp donks is just comical.....i think we should throw breal in there too ~cough~!!.....O my bad i guess you did, pretty ridic statement there deady, honestly do you think that?????????

[/ QUOTE ]

wintermute posted a graph showing he was up over $400K for last year, which is pretty clear proof of dominance... let alone constantly beating up opposition at $10/$20 on Party. actually he used to talk about whole tables sitting out and refusing to play him, which can and did happen. Cake is up a large amount for 2007, and if you don't believe it you should ask him.

"plo8" is a good player and a good guy, but he's hardly ever playing on american sites. buklah is having an off year, and i wish him a good 4th quarter. scimmietta and ritz_club wait for HU matches at $25/$50PLO8 and will take on any opposition.

You probably have a good idea how some of these people play, but it's not over nearly a large enough sample to estimate long-term wins. if anyone's qualified to talk about Pot Limit competition, it's Game, because he's played all of them Short-handed, 6Max, and FullRing for many hours over several years. Also, he's out there to make money, and has no reason to be biased in his opinions.