Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Mario Galaxy: 97 on Metacritic

What's the point of coins, btw? I get a "high score" after every star but I don't see why it's significant.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who hasn't bought it yet, buy it & get a $25 GC at Best Buy. It's not advertised but force the customer service rep to ring up SKU # 6867688 after they ring up the game.

They are price matching the sick deal by Toys R Us unofficially.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweeeet. Would this require a customer service rep with some sort of competence, or should they all understand the situation? I'm bad at these things.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who hasn't bought it yet, buy it & get a $25 GC at Best Buy. It's not advertised but force the customer service rep to ring up SKU # 6867688 after they ring up the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweeeet. Would this require a customer service rep with some sort of competence, or should they all understand the situation? I'm bad at these things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw the thread on fatwallet, they will call over a manager usually and he'll have to approve it first. Def a YMMV deal.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the point of coins, btw? I get a "high score" after every star but I don't see why it's significant.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well on all the older games you got a star for every 100 coins in a world, not sure if they still do that because I still don't have the game
Old 11-15-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw the thread on fatwallet, they will call over a manager usually and he'll have to approve it first. Def a YMMV deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can do the same at circuit city, might need to talk to a manager though. If you really wanted to, you could probably get several this way and ebay the games/gift cards.

I got the last copy they had at Toys R us, unfortunatley I won't have any time to play it for atleast a week.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:34 AM

25 stars in and this game is great.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:37 AM

I'm not crazy about how the gravity works on planets, like how you're running upside down on the bottom of planets and stuff. I realize it's kinda a huge part of the game, but it's just a little disorienting and nausea-inducing sometimes. meh, I suppose if the worlds were just like Mario 64 the game would lose a ton.

I don't really get the point of those little star thingys you collect. I know you can shoot enemies with them and so far you've needed to feed them to certain things, but at one point the game recommend I save a few? how do do that?

Really fun game so far though. Some of the best graphics I've seen on the wii too imo.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is nice and all, but only really nice if they match the Buy 2 get 1 free that starts on the, 18th I think.

Thus getting a total of 4 games for 125 plus tax.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Up to ~32 stars, still awesome, I don't really like swimming though, it's so hard to control precisely. I think I had the same problem with Mario 64 though.

Question w/ minor spoiler about hidden stars:

<font color="white">Ok, so for those of you who have gotten green hidden stars: If a galaxy has one and you haven't gotten it, will it still say "Galaxy completed" if you've gotten all the regular stars? I just got my first one but I got it before the other star in that galaxy, so I don't know if it would have said "galaxy completed" if I got the other one first. Basically I'm trying to figure out if I might have to worry about going back to galaxies that I've supposedly completed because I might have missed hidden stars or not.
</font>/spoiler

Would like to see if I can get 120 stars without using GameFaqs or anything [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't say galaxy completed until you've gotten every possible star you can in that galaxy (including all hidden and comet stars).
Old 11-16-2007, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It won't say galaxy completed until you've gotten every possible star you can in that galaxy (including all hidden and comet stars).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill double check tomorrow, but I don't think this is true. I believe I saw galaxy complete on galaxies before I did comet stars on them.