Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Nation\'s Modship

[ QUOTE ]
A Mod's job is not to enforce morality. And yet you want to de-green him because of your opinion of his ethics? Even if Nation is unethical according to your personal code, this does not affect his capacity to move & lock threads, ban trolls and build a sense of community in his home forum.

Someone please lock this useless thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's hit pretty much on the head...like i said earlier, nation looks bad in this thread, but to demod over someting like this, which wasn't even in his own forum...eh...
Old 05-10-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The OPs argument doesn't really hold water with me. It's the "guy in green" lying and covering for a friend in a thread where the "green" is meant to convey authority.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats your perception that greens convey athority, not a fact. Greenies are not authority figures unless they are performing a mod duty at the time, they are just normal users otherwise. Don't give them any special treatment to what they have to say unless its a moderator decision just because they are green, its an honorarium color for helping out 2+2, nothing more.

Think of it this way - strip Nation of his color but let him remain as a mod. Would you think differently then?

[/ QUOTE ]

How in the world does removing his color remove his authority as a mod?!
Old 05-10-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are fine with mods lying?

[/ QUOTE ]
??

I must have missed this.

[/ QUOTE ]

nation has been caught at least five times in lies, coverups or half-truths in that thread. Two of them were posted above.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thats your perception that greens convey athority, not a fact. Greenies are not authority figures unless they are performing a mod duty at the time, they are just normal users otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, in a perfect world maybe, but his perception isn't uncommon. Whether it was intended or not, and whether you like it or not, when a guy in green posts anything serious in an important thread it carries somewhere between 10-100X the weight of a normal poster.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:39 PM

The only problem I have with Nation's comments are that they have been very contradictory up until this point. All of the "defenders" have made it fairly obvious from their comments that something is going on in which they will not tell us what it is. It is not far off to say something against T&C is going on, whether it be bots, one player playing 30 tables, some form of illegal aides or whatever.

It is obvious to every intelligent and reasonable player that these are not 3 poker players using a system in their minds. The statements are not just subjectively contradicting, this should be obvious to a well rounded person.

Once again, the main problem is that Nation has skewed/lied about the facts of this matter. It is too speculative to say to what extent, but until more information is produced I honestly cannot say I would like to see him removed or staying. If he stopped posting completely about this subject and so did the "defenders" and FTP said nothing, meaning probably no more solid theories or arguments or facts would come out, then I would have to say it is more than fair that no action happens to Nation.

FWIW I don't really care if he stays or goes, this is just my view on the matter. I understand all the bs flying around because it is an insanely popular thread, but what it boils down to is what exactly he is lying or misleading about here. If it turns out these are bots or one player cheating and Nation knew about it, I would imagine he should be removed of modship duties. But we don't know that now, we just know that there is a lot of stuff from the defending players that does not add up, and if they were a little smarter I'm sure the lies would have covered this up to a point that up until now only spamming trolls would find them to be lacking credibility. This is not the case.

My two cents.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nation has been caught at least five times in lies, coverups or half-truths in that thread. Two of them were posted above.

[/ QUOTE ]
Where? Examples please.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thats your perception that greens convey athority, not a fact. Greenies are not authority figures unless they are performing a mod duty at the time, they are just normal users otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, in a perfect world maybe, but his perception isn't uncommon. Whether it was intended or not, and whether you like it or not, when a guy in green posts anything serious in an important thread it carries somewhere between 10-100X the weight of a normal poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Burno - if your belief was true, I would resign as a mod. I have no intention of misleading anyone by having my posts mean 10x more than the average user - I am not someone that should be idolized, and neither are any of the other mods. We are all volunteers to help run the community and steer it's direction, nothing more.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:57 PM

I know that when I was mod, I was never idiolized. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We are all volunteers to help run the community and steer it's direction, nothing more

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not giving this enough weight.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We are all volunteers to help run the community and steer it's direction, nothing more

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not giving this enough weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're giving it too much weight.