Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Nation\'s Modship

Admins,

Nation's ethics in relation to Poker have recently been brought up in a recent thread in the Internet Gambling forum. ( This one.)

Through his posts in the referenced thread, Nation has made quite clear his position on the issue of "One player to a hand" as it relates to online poker.

Nation apparently feels as if having multiple players to a hand online is perfectly ethical because it is not specifically stated as a violation of FTP (or other poker site) Terms of Service. I propose that having multiple players to a hand whether live or online is still violating the basic ethics of poker itself. Therefore, Nation should not be in a position to represent two plus two in any way-- in short, his position as moderator must come to an end.

Here are the pertinent quotes by nation:

[ QUOTE ]
Tiedup,

lee jones has specifically made posts in the past that say team play is allowed as per their t&c because it's unenforceable. i don't see how that makes me have bad morals.

should i stop coaching also as that's against the integrity of the game apparently? you could never coach live, but it's fine online and there are tons of people on 2p2 involved in coaching some way or the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
no. i'm following the site's t&c.

why do some sites allow PAhud and some don't? cardroom specific, yet you guys take advantage of the software when you can.

you can say that they take advantage of people by having each toher's opinion on hands; you ahve the advantage of knowledge about software like pahud.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are more posts from that thread to support this truth, but this should prove sufficient to establish "who believes what." This is also not the first time nation's ethics when it comes to poker have been questioned.

What nation feels is ethical/unethical in a non-poker sense is quite frankly none of my business. I am not claiming to have stellar ethics outside of poker myself. It is a well known fact around here that I was expelled from my University for cheating. I make no claims of being better than nation or anything like that.

That being said, nation's clearly unethical stance on poker should not and cannot serve as representative of two plus two in any capacity.

Please remove his modship.

Regards,
TIEdup14

I welcome and invite everyone with an opinion on this issue to please share your feelings in this thread. I would ask that we keep things civil, and above all remain respectful of whatever the admin decides to do (or not do) in this matter.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Nation\'s Modship

Nation is fine

lol at people upset that a group can control themselves from tilting
Old 05-10-2007, 03:58 AM

I don't see any reason why Nation's modship should be taken away.

This is a ridiculous thread, but I'm sure it will have 100000 responses like the other one.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:01 AM

TIE,

wow man, i'm afraid you're just like, way off base and horribly wrong here.

citanul
Old 05-10-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is a ridiculous thread

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

TIE,

wow man, i'm afraid you're just like, way off base and horribly wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Nation is fine

lol at people upset that a group can control themselves from tilting

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. completely agree.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-10-2007, 10:41 AM

I made a few posts about this in that thread...if anyone cares you can search for them.

BUT whatever happens it's not got matter much anyway - I frequent the FRNL forum alot and from what I can tell nation doesn't do anything in the first place.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BUT whatever happens it's not got matter much anyway - I frequent the FRNL forum alot and from what I can tell nation doesn't do anything in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya seriously, nation posts like once a week in FRNL, tops.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously. The OP's opinion about coaching/sweating is not enough. Nation does not support botting, just like anyone else. The other thread is about a coaching school operation, as far as we know now, and there is no reason to conclude otherwise. Nation stuck his neck out to defend a friend that he believes is in the right. I commend him for that, at this point. I'm sure Tuff Fish would like some mods de-modded because they use HUDs and multitable, but that is ridiculous.

Are roommates allowed to discuss hands together as they play on different tables? YES. Should a mod be de-modded because you disagree with his answer (that is inline with the sites' T&Cs)? Do you know what a mod's responsibilities are?

I never really liked nation, but this thread is pretty dumb. On second thought, I retract that. This thread may be necessary, but only to show that de-modding nation over the other thread is dumb. IMHO.

EDIT: my opinion is not based on anthing to do with the FR forum, which I do not frequent.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:00 AM

I think there a couple issues at hand, first nation has taken an extremely dismissive attitude towards the whole issue. Given the information from the bot thread I think its completely fair for people to entertain the idea that bots are a possible explanation to the situation on some level. Why is nation so opposed to letting people discuss the idea that its possible?

Another thing is the issue of creating a team to consistently work together using a specific strategy and constant supervision and discussion during actual play. I wouldnt go as far as to say its unethical but I believe it goes against what 2p2 stands for as a community. I believe as a community we standard for thinking about poker not coming up with a simple strategy that will break even and nation has admitted he wanted to stake a member of the group. Is this really the kind of behavior we want the mod of a strategy forum condoning? Its surely not something I want and not the kind of behavior that someone who represents 2p2 should partake in. Nation is free to have his own opinions and ideas but if we dont condone them as community he should not represent us. The creation of teams of players to work over poker rooms is clearly bad for poker and one of our mods is condoning this practice, thats not someone I want representing me as a 2p2 mod.