Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: No more Jman on Cardrunners?

I agree 100% w/ tagtastic. I am a big fan of CR and think for $25 you can't go wrong. I would honestly pay more if I had to to keep Phil on. His first video was so amazing you would think he had made 100 previous ones.

The NL videos have been pretty stagnant lately w/ the exception of Phil's. As a MSNL reg I don't take that much out of most of the videos anymore but his was the exception. I have been a CR member since almost the beginning and they have come a very long way but I really think they need to step up here and do whatever it takes to make this happen.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fire aba, and with that money hire Jman and bring Jeff back.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, dont be suprised if you have problems loggin in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'll be ok, lol.

Jeff's vids were the only MTT videos I watched, and even though there wern't a ton of HS MTT vids I did learn some stuff, even tho I consider myself a good donkament player.

brian(aba20) videos just didn't do it for me, even though they were at a limit where I have played a bit in the past, but is currently a level above me. Jman's instantly got me thinking(kinda like Taylors old videos did for me)- not copying his style, but how to adjust mine to improve my success. both are great players, but I think Jman might be a better teacher.

I will never cancel my subscription, because w/o them I would have never gotten close to where I am/have been in the past. $25/month is a great deal for what they offer. Unless your at 5/10+ and a solid winner then CRers has plenty to offer you and will improve your game. anyone who thinks differently probably sucks at poker and is never going to get far
Old 09-07-2007, 01:39 AM

How much can Jman cost for 1 hr of his time? Serious question. It can't be that much, maybe 3K? I would think that CR pulls in quite a bit each month, and definitely enough to keep guys like Jman around.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:42 AM

CR doesn't pull down as much as people think imo....Like everything in Poker, it will eventually fold.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Jeff's vids were the only MTT videos I watched, and even though there wern't a ton of HS MTT vids I did learn some stuff, even tho I consider myself a good donkament player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really liked the actionjeff videos. I think the site is def. worth the $25 a month even if for Taylors old videos which really get you to think. My credit card expired and I never updated the information on CR so my subscription lapsed a few months ago...so I have no idea how the current videos are.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:57 AM

is the jman video still posted? don't see it
Old 09-07-2007, 02:22 AM

The lowdown on CR is that the SSNL videos are stale as hell, muddy's are stale and the last couple by aba actually haven't been his best. GP's are usually right on the money and ABA's usually are too. Muddy's latest 2 have been better. But then theres been some garbage ones with Tufat and some other guys who say "ship it holla" in english accents while check raising all in with 23o saying "standard". CR subscrip canceled is what's standard.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:28 AM

Jman and ActionJeff videos are so far ahead in quality its ridiculous

It really sucks to see that the two best video-makers are no longer active with CR.

AaronBeen and Menlo videos are also very good, but the JMan video was fantastic and ActionJeff videos were far and away the best.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The lowdown on CR is that the SSNL videos are stale as hell, muddy's are stale and the last couple by aba actually haven't been his best. GP's are usually right on the money and ABA's usually are too. Muddy's latest 2 have been better. But then theres been some garbage ones with Tufat and some other guys who say "ship it holla" in english accents while check raising all in with 23o saying "standard". CR subscrip canceled is what's standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

nit
Old 09-07-2007, 03:26 AM

I must agree hearing "ship it" in english accent is super annoying, for some reason.

Sry Tufat, i liked ur vids tho