Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Virtual horse racing/betting........

Hi all
I am planing to sign up to Digiturf but I would like to know if any 1 here can give me some reviews?
It looks very interesting way to make money.

Any 1 else play there?

Thank You
Old 10-24-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Virtual horse racing/betting........

I played there (and also at their sister-site) for about 18 months. I sold off my horses earlier this spring.

If you plan on playing for fun then go for it. I would suggest starting off real slow and playing the claimers. Most make the mistake of spending a ton of money in the Ring and buying up new horses. This is very bad. Let's say you spend $300 on 20 horses in the ring. Unless you get extremely lucky, only 1 or 2 of those will be raceable and even then they will probably be low class and only good for a maiden race (or 1 or 2 wins) and then they up running in claimers.

If your goal is to win money then stay far away. The regulars have built their stables strong for many years. They have large stables and run in many races which earn them bonus money to be spent in the Ring. That gives them free shots at new horses. In other words, the rich get richer there.

Read the forums there and research it for a while first. Let me know (post or PM me) if you have more specific questions.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played there (and also at their sister-site) for about 18 months. I sold off my horses earlier this spring.

If you plan on playing for fun then go for it. I would suggest starting off real slow and playing the claimers. Most make the mistake of spending a ton of money in the Ring and buying up new horses. This is very bad. Let's say you spend $300 on 20 horses in the ring. Unless you get extremely lucky, only 1 or 2 of those will be raceable and even then they will probably be low class and only good for a maiden race (or 1 or 2 wins) and then they up running in claimers.

If your goal is to win money then stay far away. The regulars have built their stables strong for many years. They have large stables and run in many races which earn them bonus money to be spent in the Ring. That gives them free shots at new horses. In other words, the rich get richer there.

Read the forums there and research it for a while first. Let me know (post or PM me) if you have more specific questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow thats so cool, how much have you won/spent and are you sill playing there, whats your username or owner name?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:36 PM

I no longer race the digital horses. The idea was really cool and I jumped in too fast and spent too much money before I really understood what I was doing. I was never really able to recover. I sent a PM explaining in more detail.

In short, start small and use the claimers to get yourself a couple horses. Select some horses that others have already put claims on. That way you know the horse is at least decent as others also have interest in it. Use those claimed horses to study previous races and training. That will help you when/if you decide to spend more money and purchase new horses from the ring.

I can't stress enough that you need to start small. It will seem boring at first with a small stable but you need to do it this way. The regulars have a lot more experience and place their horses well. Take the time to learn first before investing too much money. Claimers is the best way to learn. It may require you to dabble in claimers for about a month or two to fully understand how to place your horses correctly and know what to look for.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:29 PM

o ok, I will take your advice [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

any other people play there as well, your thoughts?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:36 PM

I used to play on Digiturf awhile ago, and promote it now as an affiliate. I'd never look into it as a way to earn money - just have fun with it. Set aside some cash to get started in it, then maybe have a monthly budget and when you're done for the month you're done. Also get some friends into it - the biggest fun I had was with friends either online or offline, especially when we were in the same race. Back when I used to work for a company, my buddy who worked there as the kitchen manager got into it, and so 10:30am every day was a ritual - go downstairs to his office, watch our races from earlier that morning, then go for a smoke. Still a fun memory [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I won't be TOO much help in regard to any questions you have though, as I got out of it um....I forget when, but it was last year sometime I believe(might have been two years ago), when with a new season starting they raised all their prices and it basically chased away a lot of the casual fun players. I believe they changed it again though and I'm hoping to get back into it if I can convince my friends to do the same.

As NoChance said claimers are good - I always preferred creating horses from scratch though, as it was kind of exciting seeing them run training races, then debuting in their first race.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:27 PM

very interesting, so the best way is to start small and have like a bankroll, then the profits will come.