Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 05:13 AM

Default Any good?

I've been playing my usual fairly LAG self, not having a good session, this guy has been owning my pre and post flop, and is on a bunch of my tables. He's a regular, one of the tougher one's on Party in my experience, at least he adjusts to me well. Almost certainly a 2+2er because all the good Party regs are, probably suspects I am but wouldn't know and I probably have made one or two questionable plays that he's seen. I've been aggro this session but have yet to really make a stand when someone has played back at me for some reason. I think he knows I am capable of a move though and kinda bluffy.

Party Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$5/$10 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $1130.50</font>
<font color="black">BB: $1371</font>
UTG: $1618
MP: $599
CO: $934
BTN: $1980

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $40</font>, BB calls $30

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($80) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $50</font>, BB calls $50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($180) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $120</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $300</font>, Hero calls $180

<font color="black">River:</font> ($780) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $740.50</font>
Old 04-28-2007, 05:15 AM

Location: I wish life wasn\'t about money then I could afford a house, a car and life insurance.
Default Re: Any good?

Nope.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:18 AM

btw this is for value in my eyes if that wasn't obvious. His turn raise somewhat confuses me though, not really sure what its purpose is. I also HATE c/c here, so if you suggest that include a reason please because I'm gonna have a hard time liking that.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:35 AM

seems terrible unless you know he'll call you light
Old 04-28-2007, 05:36 AM

I don't know how often he will be on air here, maybe u can comment on that, other than that it looks like hes got a hand like 89 or something maybe A8 this board is so dry idk about a river push. I would probably fold the turn unless i really felt he was making a play. As played i maybe bet smaller, something that could possibly price him in, I'm not sure what hands you look to get value out of, your hand looks exactly what it is imo.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:45 AM

god damn i actually liked this one, I usually post hands that I play like dog [censored] to see what I should have done differently, but this one I like. I don't think he has a strong hand here, and from my impression of him he could def have air, but a lot of the time I think it's a worse ace, maybe an 8 or 9. im almost certain he checks behind an 8 or 9 here, checks behind a lot with air, and some amount of time with Ax. If I c/r all in he calls with everything better and folds everything worse give or take. I'm basically looking for a hero call here.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
god damn i actually liked this one, I usually post hands that I play like dog [censored] to see what I should have done differently, but this one I like. I don't think he has a strong hand here, and from my impression of him he could def have air, but a lot of the time I think it's a worse ace, maybe an 8 or 9. im almost certain he checks behind an 8 or 9 here, checks behind a lot with air, and some amount of time with Ax. If I c/r all in he calls with everything better and folds everything worse give or take. I'm basically looking for a hero call here.

[/ QUOTE ]
You obviously know him much better than I do, but you say hes good, why would he raise a worse ace here on the turn? that doesnt seem to make sense to me. Why would he raise an 8 or 9, cuz he wants to turn it into a bluff? on the river he shouldnt be bluffing with air because it looks like a terrible spot to bluff in his position, so I would throw a small bet out there to maybe try to get a raise or something.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:00 AM

His turn raise kinda strikes me as a showdown raise, or one that gives him room for a good size river bluff. I'm now talking myself into a c/c here because the possibility of the latter is better than him making a hero call with something that's looking for showdown or him having a better hand.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His turn raise kinda strikes me as a showdown raise, or one that gives him room for a good size river bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

if there is a good chance he is setting up a river bluff then what is wrong with c/c on river?
Old 04-28-2007, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His turn raise kinda strikes me as a showdown raise, or one that gives him room for a good size river bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't expect him to do this with those types of hands here, I mean I don't think a good player would do that to another player he respected. I mean if i had like K8 or K9 here im not gonna be like, hmm let me min raise here so i can get a free showdown. With a worse ace its like, im either way ahead or way behind, wtf is raising gonna do for me here, its gonna fold out his air hands and worse pairs, and im gonna get destroyed when he has me beat. When he makes this turn raise it seems to me like a pot juicer or hes making some play.