Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 12:42 PM

Default NYC Raid @ Fred Astaire\'s Joint

No address, contact or other specific info as per forum guidelines please...

Heard the eastside joint got pinched last night. Must have just happened after I left.

I have no other details than a raid occurred. Can we get some confirmation and more info?

Sucks. I really liked the place and it seemed to have a decent setup security-wise. Figured it wouldn't last though.

*sigh* Back to the homegames.

I'm gonna miss the cutie blonde waitress, as well. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: NYC Raid @ Fred Astaire\'s Joint

yup. my first time in a raid and it was a total disappointment. they showed up because someone phoned in a disturbance or altercation (something like, ppl were screaming and getting into a fight etc) which never happened. lead me and a friend to believe it might have been other unnamed poker joint in city on east side for which ***** used to work but left to start up there. speculation but without any additional information makes the most sense.
had a 5/10NL game going... so me and others left a nice amount of money on the table.................... does any of that ever come back?

note from *TT* - dont use names in threads about private cardrooms!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yup. my first time in a raid and it was a total disappointment. they showed up because someone phoned in a disturbance or altercation (something like, ppl were screaming and getting into a fight etc) which never happened. lead me and a friend to believe it might have been other unnamed poker joint in city on east side for which ***** used to work but left to start up there. speculation but without any additional information makes the most sense.
had a 5/10NL game going... so me and others left a nice amount of money on the table.................... does any of that ever come back?

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks. From what I understand, probably not getting any of that back.

What time did it all go down? Did they burst in or was it pretty mellow?
Old 02-08-2007, 01:52 PM

And I was looking forward to checking that place out.

[ QUOTE ]
lead me and a friend to believe it might have been other unnamed poker joint in city on east side for which ***** used to work but left to start up there

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be surpised. The guy who owns that place is a *#&%. Is this the same guy? calling time

[ QUOTE ]
does any of that ever come back?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Not unless someone on the staff owes you a favor. I had like $10K in my account when a place got shut down about seven years ago, and I only got most of it back because I was good friends with the guy at the desk. Otherwise I would've been in bad shape.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:17 PM

happened around 11 o'clock. there was a loud knock on the door (they ran by the elevator guy and up the stairs) and we looked into the camera screens and were kind of stunned. eventually the door was opened and the cops asked if there was a disturbance. 'no.' 'sorry, we'll be leaving soon but we have to check with the sergeant.' when he showed up he told us the party was over and we had to go home, ppl were searched for chips (and guns maybe) and it all went quickly (in ten minutes or so).

wish i was down with the owners more. in the end can see how some people have been turned off to playing in the city.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: NYC Raid @ Fred Astaire\'s Joint *DELETED*

Post deleted by *TT*
Old 02-08-2007, 03:31 PM

Too much information, sorry but we have to be overprotective on this topic. I had to delete the offending posts- TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2007, 03:40 PM

Damn, that sucks...that place just opened also and is closer to where i live...does anybody know what is goin to become of it..was it an official raid? The place more downtown that starts with a S got raided many time before, but all of those times they just asked everybody to leave...but then the next day the place opened right back up..Im assuming the one downtown has some sort of arrangment with the authority or something...is this the case???
Old 02-08-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too much information, sorry but we have to be overprotective on this topic. I had to delete the offending posts- TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

whoops. Sorry, yo.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, that sucks...that place just opened also and is closer to where i live...does anybody know what is goin to become of it..was it an official raid? The place more downtown that starts with a S got raided many time before, but all of those times they just asked everybody to leave...but then the next day the place opened right back up..Im assuming the one downtown has some sort of arrangment with the authority or something...is this the case???

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to allow this post to remain as an example of what you cannot ask. Come on people... be real. You can't ask in a public forum if a card club has a special arrangement with the authorities. If they did and someone from the NYPD read this thread (they have admitted monitoring the 2+2 B&M forum for information) then you might ruin the party for everyone. Please put some thought into your posts when the topic is card rooms of dubious legal status before saying the wrong thing ok? I hate over-moderation just like the rest of you do, but this is the one topic we will always watch over with a heavy hand.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]