Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2006, 01:49 AM

Default Why do people hate Dynasty?

I don't recall him ever doing or saying anything abhorrent. Is it an inside joke or something?
Old 08-31-2006, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Why do people hate Dynasty?

Most have their own reasons, not a class-action thing by any means. He has rubbed many the wrong way, however, by being very selective in the manner he would delete and edit posts. In my case, he deleted a whole thread where I dubbed Tiffany Williamson H-DOG for "Human Delay Of Game" and discussed how Harrah's should handle it in the future. His reason for deletion was that it was a personal attack, given solely IMO to the fact that;
1. She is a woman.
2. She is black.
3. She may be considered unattractive.

My post had nothing to do with any of the above, and yet he defended his deletion to the end. Go ahead and call any guy player fat, ugly, etc, and you will be fine though. He definitely has a double standard. He is also very stubborn, and can never admit when he is wrong, as happened in a Sopranos thread w/ me a few months ago. He insulted me, then when proven wrong, never apologized and basically said I'm an idiot.

As far as I can rememeber also, he had some sort of hand in the Paul Phillips self-banning. I think paul said Dynasty was running around modding posts like the Gestapo or something, and Mat Sklansky deleted the post before "noticing who it was", which is kind of lame that soem would get special treatment anyways, but hey, welcome to the ways of the world.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:05 AM

does anyone else not really see the diff between Dynasty, Daliman, and Dids. i keep telling myself its just because they all start w/D but i honestly cant tell their posts apart
Old 08-31-2006, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone else not really see the diff between Dynasty, Daliman, and Dids. i keep telling myself its just because they all start w/D but i honestly cant tell their posts apart

[/ QUOTE ]

daliman is usually a little more eloquent
Old 08-31-2006, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you honestly cannot differentiate between Daliman and Dids/Dynasty, methinks perhaps you need to re-tune your reality antenna.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:53 AM

No, i mix up Dynasty and Daliman all the time. Dids not so much.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't recall him ever doing or saying anything abhorrent. Is it an inside joke or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love me some Dynasty. There's alot of him to love.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The main difference is I can admit when I'm wrong, and have several times, and am not like talking to a brick wall.

The other differences are that I actually make good $$$ playing poker, 'I am married with children, and I weigh under 300 lbs, ( getting closer all the time tho..). Also while I am good with numbers, Dynasty appears to be excellent, and his # analysis skills appear to be nonpariel, as evidenced by his '04 election analysis. And finally, I didn't think up JOEYBITCH, you fat humps.

Now, the difference between yvesaint and 75% of the other consistent in HSNL posters is less clear, but one thing is certain; they all think they are god's gift to poker, and that if you don't play exactly like they do, you are an idiot and possibly the worst player in the world, even if they are struggling to make 2 BB/100 in NL600.

For reference, here's the last two threads I posted in HSNL.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:49 AM

In B&M forum he [Dynasty] was insulting everyone in a thread and it was "I'm right and there is no way I'm wrong but that also means you all are". I can't even remember the thread now (not making it up) but thats where I was rubbed wrong.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:04 PM

I like Dynasty. I bet I'd like him even more if I met him. But he makes a lot of hypocritical decisions as a mod. Those who dislike him for that should quit the internet.