Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 09:52 PM

Default FD+GS (6.50)

Ok i think leading out was a mistake. Would of checking with the intentions of shoving over a a bet be ok? What do i do now , fold or shove over?
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t1000)
SB (t1860)
Hero (t2930)
UTG (t1705)
MP (t1390)
CO (t4615)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls t100, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t300) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t500</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero
Old 11-20-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: FD+GS (6.50)

with a pretty nice draw I think shoving is the best play here. We still have some FE and have a good draw too.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:01 PM

how about leading out is that a mistake?
my reasoning was i would be happy with folds.
i didn't really want it to be checked around because my other plan was to check raise. than if the turn doesnt improve me im pretty much stuck check/folding. is this ok thinking?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:07 PM

I think leading out is best with the intention of trying to get all in on the flop. If you check raised to about 600 (assuming utg bet like 200 or so) and utg flat calls, you pretty much have to shove any turn card (even if you miss). When the pot gets that big, c/f is pretty unreasonable.

If you c/r and he shoves, you have to call off w/ a fd and straight draw, which isn't great. We want to do whatever play has the most fold equity so that's why I like bet/3bet AI best (we can still get opponent to fold some hands perhaps).
Old 11-20-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think leading out is best with the intention of trying to get all in on the flop. If you check raised to about 600 (assuming utg bet like 200 or so) and utg flat calls, you pretty much have to shove any turn card (even if you miss). When the pot gets that big, c/f is pretty unreasonable.

If you c/r and he shoves, you have to call off w/ a fd and straight draw, which isn't great. We want to do whatever play has the most fold equity so that's why I like bet/3bet AI best (we can still get opponent to fold some hands perhaps).

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with this. I think leading out here is a good idea, and I would probably over bet the pot on the flop. You want to show him that you're not going away. If he raises you just get it all in and hope he makes the fold and if not you have plenty of outs.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:13 PM

cool thanks for the reply...i did shove over.