Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Does Pokerstars have the right to take money out of my account?

[ QUOTE ]
the tourney was some kind of a ps promo 10kfpp buy-in winner took $20k and 2-9 just $160 ...while having a chat i mentioned that it was a bit extreme for the winner to be taking 20k while the others just less than $200 and as he kicked me out i believed it was his goodwill to offer 1k compensation or something....anyway thats not the point...the poin is that while the money was in my account (money i made plans for) were taken back without my consent. thats the main issue here...i want to know why would ps have the right to take my money without my permission...and somebody mentioned if there is a bank tranfer mistake the bank can rectify that problem..thats not correct because if you are digitally transfering money from you bank account to someone else responsibility is on you to enter the correct details and the bank gives you no guarantees that if you make a mistake you can have your money back

[/ QUOTE ]

O My God.

Glad I don't know you, and if by chance I ever come across you, please remind me of this so I can tell you how I really feel.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whether it was a fluke or not people get lucky and you can not take that away from them

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently they can. Get over it.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its the principle behind all these i am insisting on

[/ QUOTE ]

90% of the time someone says "It's the principle", it's not.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:25 AM

'whether it was a fluke or not people get lucky and you can not take that away from them'

Yes they can. Yes they did.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone accidentally deposits $1,000 into your bank account, then immediately notifies the bank of the error, do you really think the bank will let you keep the money?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about USA banks but here is Australia, if the funds have cleared, you can keep it.

If the orginal person complains, all the bank can do is ring you up and ask you to send it back. If you say no they're not allowed to do anything.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about USA banks but here is Australia, if the funds have cleared, you can keep it.

If the orginal person complains, all the bank can do is ring you up and ask you to send it back. If you say no they're not allowed to do anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Liar: http://www.bfso.org.au/abioweb/ABIOWebSi...Bulletin+52.pdf

Also, OP, like the person I just quoted, is a moron. The idea that a mistake cannot be corrected is absurd.

You clearly are not good at life.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, OP, like the person I just quoted, is a moron. The idea that a mistake cannot be corrected is absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if this is now becoming a comedy I will give an answer to your comment you [censored] calling me names...

Firstly, did you actually take time to read the article you are refering to before deciding what is the norm and what not?

Have a good look at the tilte of this post and then let me quote something for you from your referred article so that I can help you get a clear understanding of the subject.

", it is now common practice for banks, when alerted that funds have mistakenly been sent to the wrong account, to notify the recipient of the error and request the return of the funds."

Now, as I and anyone with a fraction of a brain makes from the above quotation "a bank has to notify the recipient of the error and request the return of the funds"

Which part of the fact that pokerstars never notified me to request for the money back, but on the contrary they notified me of the error and have automatically removed the funds from my account without me having a say dont you understand?

Get that in your tiny brain of yours and in the future take some time considering all the facts before coming to a conclusion.

To the supposingly great lawyer who posted previously. Yes, lawyers do pursue such cases as it is their job to do so when they believe that someone has acted improperly in such a case and I guess you should stick to your minimal divorce cases, if you have any, and stop wondering around poker forums offering your worthless expertise.

Addition: In this case pokerstars mentioned in an email of theirs that it is their policy to intervene and act when such a mistake might occur.
To quote: "We do reserve the right
to correct mistakes and did so in accordance with our policies."

However, as much as I tried to find something that might back their claim in their terms & conditions I couldnt find anything relevant and even after requesting from pokerstars to direct me to the t&s I agreed with them when signing up to play on their site stating the above, a ps supervisor responded with the following:

"The fact of the matter is, you received funds from someone with whom you
have no relation. The funds were intended for another party. While there
is no posted policy regarding mistakenly transferred funds we will act in
situations where an error was clearly committed."

Hence ps does not or at least did not have such a policy in place when I agreed to play on their site.

Have pokerstars acted without authorisation on this matter: yes.
Am I elgible to pursue this matter legally? imo and others yes.
Will i do so? probably, after a thorough examination of this case from qualified people.

and please the next person who claims has knowledge of this situation, take some time to revise it before posting your useless comment and calling people names.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
'whether it was a fluke or not people get lucky and you can not take that away from them'

Yes they can. Yes they did.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they can't. yes they did
Old 08-05-2007, 02:43 PM

you're an idiot

thread over
Old 08-05-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if this is now becoming a comedy I will give an answer to your comment you [censored] calling me names...

Firstly, did you actually take time to read the article you are refering to before deciding what is the norm and what not?

Have a good look at the tilte of this post and then let me quote something for you from your referred article so that I can help you get a clear understanding of the subject.

", it is now common practice for banks, when alerted that funds have mistakenly been sent to the wrong account, to notify the recipient of the error and request the return of the funds."

Now, as I and anyone with a fraction of a brain makes from the above quotation "a bank has to notify the recipient of the error and request the return of the funds"

Which part of the fact that pokerstars never notified me to request for the money back, but on the contrary they notified me of the error and have automatically removed the funds from my account without me having a say dont you understand?

Get that in your tiny brain of yours and in the future take some time considering all the facts before coming to a conclusion.

To the supposingly great lawyer who posted previously. Yes, lawyers do pursue such cases as it is their job to do so when they believe that someone has acted improperly in such a case and I guess you should stick to your minimal divorce cases, if you have any, and stop wondering around poker forums offering your worthless expertise.

Addition: In this case pokerstars mentioned in an email of theirs that it is their policy to intervene and act when such a mistake might occur.
To quote: "We do reserve the right
to correct mistakes and did so in accordance with our policies."

However, as much as I tried to find something that might back their claim in their terms & conditions I couldnt find anything relevant and even after requesting from pokerstars to direct me to the t&s I agreed with them when signing up to play on their site stating the above, a ps supervisor responded with the following:

"The fact of the matter is, you received funds from someone with whom you
have no relation. The funds were intended for another party. While there
is no posted policy regarding mistakenly transferred funds we will act in
situations where an error was clearly committed."

Hence ps does not or at least did not have such a policy in place when I agreed to play on their site.

Have pokerstars acted without authorisation on this matter: yes.
Am I elgible to pursue this matter legally? imo and others yes.
Will i do so? probably, after a thorough examination of this case from qualified people.

and please the next person who claims has knowledge of this situation, take some time to revise it before posting your useless comment and calling people names.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will help you greatly in the future if you arrange to have the letters T H I N K tattooed under your fingernails in luminous ink.