Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Gary! Wise on Women?

The thing is that it appears that you just don't seem to get, is that is the way women are, period.

Little girls are taught from birth to cooperate, compromise, work inside the group to get things done, even if it means that they themselves must sacrifice themselves for 'the greater good'. (I can't count the times that in order to survive, I've had to say I'm sorry, even when the fault wasn't mine, simply to keep my job, because the guy (in charge) wouldn't admit it was his fault instead of mine.)

Little boys are taught from birth to compete with each other, fight, bully, scrape, do what ever it takes to get ahead, even if it costs the other person everything, as long as they, themselves win. If they can blame someone else for causing the problem, and them avoiding getting in trouble, they will do so.

Since Poker styles are if you really think about it, a reflection of the personallites of the peoople playing them, it stands to reason, that you must factor in, the differences between the genders, and how each tends to approach life, as well.

Just as a table of all women act in one way, as women would when they play together without guys, you'd see if you were to watch a table of all guys, they'd be acting as guys normally do. There would be ball scratching, beer drinking, sports talking, drooling over babes talk, bragging, and in some cases, smelly guys who need a bath/shower who wouldn't know a bar of soap if someone hit them in the head with it, all trying to one up each other.

My point is, that if you throw in one gender into that mix where that one gender is the minority (be it one woman at an all men's table, or one man at an all woman's table), and the table attitudes change, and would tend to gravitate more towards the dominate gender at that table.

JMHO, FWIW ...
Old 06-26-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Gary! Wise on Women?

[ QUOTE ]
- I have no problem with Pauly and Erica hugging, but 120 strangers? Come on Johnny. You know that part of poker is getting your hate on. I mean, women went from table to table hugging strangers. I still get migranes thinking about that scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

part of poker is also respect, I think that was the reason for the hugs (I agree its odd, but it doesn't bug me). I liked your articles and generally agree with them both (they were both very entertaining reads!), but I just wanted to clarify that last little bit.