Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 88 84.62%
(16) The World is Not Enough 16 15.38%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: call me the graph maker

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody has any idea how bad it gets when you 12 table and run cold over 12 tables for like 2 hours..when you rarely make hands and don't get any action on them from the fish who have like Jack high when you have top set...through a lot of this I've lost like $250-$300 an hour without getting to showdown because I literally on like every table either got no action on my big hands and could NOT beat a single hand when it got to the river on my flopped monsters that turned into runner runner [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

yea cos the rest of us who have played 1M+ hands have no idea what variance is.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:57 PM

fgators still doesnt realize that long term profit comes from small-medium pots .....its hard to mess up the big pots
Old 10-12-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody has any idea how bad it gets when you 12 table and run cold over 12 tables for like 2 hours..when you rarely make hands and don't get any action on them from the fish who have like Jack high when you have top set...through a lot of this I've lost like $250-$300 an hour without getting to showdown because I literally on like every table either got no action on my big hands and could NOT beat a single hand when it got to the river on my flopped monsters that turned into runner runner [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

You are saying that nobody who has played 1.5 million hands before has experienced the beats you have.

Somebody somewhere is playing the worlds smallest violin for you.

At least you are not down more. Good work minimizing your losses during this downswing!
Old 10-12-2007, 04:59 PM

And nobody has given me evidence of small to medium pots where I F it up, not one piece of it.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nath,

I'm not a losing player if it wasn't for running horribly and I'll never admit it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, well, 1.6 million hands would beg to differ
Old 10-12-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nath,

I'm not a losing player if it wasn't for running horribly and I'll never admit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would expect that kind of response..I have the hands and I should be the only judge of them.

It's like you trying to prove to a friend that a movie sucked because somebody you trusted said it sucked but you didn't see it so you have no evidence of how good or bad it is.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nath,

I know you have no reason to help me at all and I don't expect you to or really don't want you to but since you are my #1 hater I would give you every single hand I've ever played and I think this would prove to you that I'm a good player.

I know you don't have the time for this but as my #1 basher for over a year and a half, I think, now I'm just saying with FULL CONFIDENCE that if you saw my hands played from 300k-1.6 million you would eat your words.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is an easy offer for you to make because you know there's literally no way I would comb through 1.3 million hands; I mean, I have a life

Dude, facts are facts. You lost money over a giant sample size and many, many winning players try to tell you what's wrong with your game and your thinking, and you ignore their advice, take it personally, or spout theories about how Stars is rigged.

Do you even believe you have room to improve?
Old 10-12-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FGators26 Top 10 LOST, 1/2 NLHE only, hands that went to showdown.

PokerStars Game #8400069796: Hold'em No Limit ($1/$2) - 2007/02/12 - 01:00:01 (ET)
Table 'Syringa' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: ayoria ($200 in chips)
Seat 2: pomplemouse ($74.45 in chips)
Seat 3: FGators26 ($378.85 in chips)
Seat 4: Sauce123 ($84.65 in chips)
Seat 5: driverseati ($204.70 in chips)
Seat 6: redargoe ($446.70 in chips)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, anyone find this hilarious?

[ QUOTE ]
And nobody has given me evidence of small to medium pots where I F it up, not one piece of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, all of your big pots go to showdown, and you're up a significant amount of money. Small and medium pots don't always go to showdown, and account for the fact that you manage to still lose a lot of money. DUCY? Wait, of course not.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nath,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would expect that kind of response..I have the hands and I should be the only judge of them.

It's like you trying to prove to a friend that a movie sucked because somebody you trusted said it sucked but you didn't see it so you have no evidence of how good or bad it is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, it's kind of like trying to prove you're good at poker even though you constantly lose money, so all the evidence is against you