Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 03:06 AM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone sent Stars an email asking them about this? I doubt they will say anything but it would be funny to see what they have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your email,

Rest assured that accounts that are "in the loop" such as the WCOOP Main Event winner are very carefully reviewed and investigated.

Also, please note that Chris Moneymaker won the WSOP being that his first major event ever... just an FYI.

Let us know if you have further questions or concerns, CHUMP! FYP.

Regards,

Julio
PokerStars Support Team

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh you are so stupid it's painful. more details about how your life sucks, about how you're crushing the high micro stakes, and about your resentment towards people half your age with 500x your net worth please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still crushing the micros yes. And doing it without cheating. I'm sure the lardtard who managed all the boybands has 500 times my networth as well, but he's still going to prison and thats where a lot of you little boys who think it's okay to defraud people (whether it be at online poker or whatever else) will end up too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, it's only money. Chill.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you're accusing all young internet players of being angle shooters and cheaters of some sort?
w/o ever mentioning the likes of the "old-time" gamblers, like Brunson, Moss, Pearson, Slim, etc.

get real gaylord.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually I basically accused all the B&M dinosaurs as well when I described the mindset of a typical high stakes gambler, but I'm not surprised you were too stupid to read between the lines.

the bottom line is that poker, online or offline is basically not tailor made for anyone honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you're spending this much time trolling/spamming a poker forum because????

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I still like to play and I have to keep abreast of how not to get [censored] over, which at least 1/3 of the people in here seem apt to do to others whenever the opportunity presents itself.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:10 AM

Dids, seriously how has this guy not been permabanned for being quite possibly the biggest troll N,V,G has ever seen?
Old 10-04-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mark is a bit of an egomaniac. The Play2Kill account is his, but is played almost exclusively by Mikael Thuritz. Mark likes to pretend that its him playing the account but its almost always Thuritz playing the account. Thuritz is a very good player extremely talented, I have logged lots of hours with him both live and online and he is very good. Teltscher on the other hand hasn't a clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Less bickering with antisocialgrace and more haralalalalbob volgarouniiee please.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Another suspicious activity would be if several accounts playing in the same tourney were created/financed shortly before the tournament and were financed by a common source.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding. I wanted to type this earlier and never got around to it. Well done.
People dismissing the first time winner aspect (as apparently PokerStars is doing in that email) have no idea how to put it in perspective.
Multiple accounts sharing the same funding, addresses (physical and or computer), and potentially timing in creation are the parts we cannot see.
If Stars wants to get to the bottom of this they surely can.
I will remain optimistic that they do.

and yes... more coltranedog please.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is absolutely no way you can catch 100% of multiaccounters, even if you don't allow the same IP address. It is very easy to buy multiple wireless cards and multiaccount. There is no way that pokerstars would be able to find out because the wireless cards would be coming from multiple IP addresses - not to mention multiple carriers (sprint, verizon etc.)

I work for an ISP and even if you don't have wireless cards you can buy a business internet connection and get as many IP addresses as you want. So you could theoretically set up around 250 computers at 1 location, all with different IP addresses.

So basically it's like every other crime (I know multiaccounting isn't a crime) if somebody wants to get away with it, and they are smart enough, they can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention the IP blocking/cloaking/switching software that's out there.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:21 AM

I just read the post from the guy who wants Stars to give the cheaters their rake back.

Stars should take all money totally from cheaters. Is this less than obvious ? The real question is what should they do with it...
Old 10-04-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not to be the person to put a horrible idea into everyones head but consider this.

I am a slightly above averagely savvy computer guy. At this moment I can pull up 12 wireless networks around my house. 2 are open, 10 are WEP. I cracked 2 WEP keys in about 30 minutes. So now I have 4 wireless networks I can access. How are you going to catch me cheating ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't. It's also possible to buy a business class internet connection, buy additional IP's and then write them off as a business expense at the end of the year - hello 250 entries into the sunday million.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know mass scumbags are already doing this too, albeit on a smaller scale.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just read the post from the guy who wants Stars to give the cheaters their rake back.

Stars should take all money totally from cheaters. Is this less than obvious ? The real question is what should they do with it...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're thinking of the post about rakeback, I think he was suggesting the rakeback affiliates AND Stars forfeit all the rakeback generated by cheaters as it creates a massive conflict of interest for both. I don't think he suggested it be given back to the players.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My first table at EPT London was with Mark Telsher. We talked for two hours or so before our table broke. For some reason he seemed very determined to not let me out his online name to the rest of the table for whatever reason. I've talked to play2kill in the chatbox at both Stars and FTP while playing 25/50 and 50/100 NUMEROUS times and the person typing in the chat just doesn't seem to have the same personality as Mark Telsher. Although at the EPT London table we were at, Mark came behind me and confirmed to me he was play2kill. I have also heard reports that play2kill is Mikael Thuritz. I will say I do not believe that two people share this account. It always seems to be the same person playing from the very detailed and technical style that play2kill uses, and his chat language. It's either one or the other and I really can't figure it out. FWIW, whoever it is, is very good as I've probably played 100k+ hands with play2kill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's good enough for me. If Boosted vouches for someone's integrity I believe that ought to be the end of it. 100% no lose.
Closed Thread