Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Bluffing at small stakes NL....positive or negative EV
+EV 34 52.31%
-EV 31 47.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Home poker cheating - how common is it?

I read that book because Im a fan of Penn Gilette. Very interesting read- the book doessnt exactly tell you how to do the cheating techniques but more on how to work your way into the games and gain trust and how to leave, etc. It was definitely a good read.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:36 PM

I don't understand why anyone would put up with any of this garbage. If you can't have a full time dealer, at the very least have two decks in play, and when the hand is over, have the same dealer go ahead and shuffle the same deck while the next hand is being dealt. This way it's ready for the cut from the dealer two to his left. Different players then shuffle and cut it, so it would be really hard to set it. If the full time dealer is in on it, just get out
Old 09-17-2007, 12:57 PM

Wow. I had know idea that cheating was that common!
Old 09-17-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That he's the father and stepfather of two of our regulars made it even more of an awkward situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's pathetic. Nice example and way to teach his sons the ethos of gambling.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen it. But apparently it happens enough for some thieves to make a living out of cheating home games and then write a book about it.

How to Cheat Your Friends at Poker: The Wisdom of Dickie Richard

I was surfing the web for poker books and found this. I was a little shocked after reading the sample pages. Pretty creepy stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

"'I bet you're good, too' [Todd's wife] says quietly as she hands me my coat. I give her a wink and head out into the night."

lol author of the book is a dbag.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:35 AM

I caught a friend manipulating the deck to deal himself good hands whenever he was on the button. I sat and watched him do it then called him out but it wasn't my house so I couldn't have him kicked out. I haven't talked to him since. A person who would cheat their friends in 10 and 20 dollar buy in cash games in a generally [censored] person.

He was one of those guys that would berate everyones play and whine about bad beats for hours after they happened. Kind of sad I don't play with him anymore because he's so easy to beat. I started destroying him when I realized he only plays for his own ego and to embarrass other players. He slow plays all his monsters so that he can embarrass his opponent when they bet into him and he bets his bluffs hard so that he can embarrass them after winning the pot.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen it. But apparently it happens enough for some thieves to make a living out of cheating home games and then write a book about it.

How to Cheat Your Friends at Poker: The Wisdom of Dickie Richard

I was surfing the web for poker books and found this. I was a little shocked after reading the sample pages. Pretty creepy stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

"'I bet you're good, too' [Todd's wife] says quietly as she hands me my coat. I give her a wink and head out into the night."

lol author of the book is a dbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definite douchebag. My favorite so far, "I don't sneek little peeks up short skirts-I grab the hips and [censored]"
Old 09-21-2007, 09:56 AM

Definite douchebag is dead on.

I am really surprised how common cheating apparently is in home games. I would have guessed 10-20% at most.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:07 PM

I more suprised at how I've heard about any violence. If I ever cuaght anyone palming chips from my pot, even its only $1, I'd be leaning strongly to coming over the table at him
Old 09-24-2007, 12:15 AM

It's very easy for the dealer to sneak a peek at a player's hole cards after they have been mucked at the end of the hand. Usually the dealer can just put them at the bottom of the deck and see them before he starts to shuffle. Most home games, no one cares if the deck is lifted off the table right before shuffling.