Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: I\'m trying to lose weight! Lots of excerisise and booze, probably

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a drunken 21 year old with a love of boozin.
9/13- 60, 10 shots of tequila with lime/salt caser, 22oz beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to bring your thread down, but I'm in my 3rd year of medical school, and have seen people with alcohol end stage lever disease. It's a slow, [censored] way to die. A little drinking is fine, even healthy, but you should consider cutting back before you do some serious damage. End lecture.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know. I used to be much worse and have been getting better and better. used to be 5 days a week between 10-30 shots. That was bad. I figure the less I drink the lower my tolerance, and then I consume few calories and weigh even less and my tolerance continues to go down. It's a good cycle, and I'm cutting down a good amount. I suppose recording my progress and how much I drink nightly will allow me to quantify exactly what I'm consuming.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:58 AM

Is this correct? Vodka has 65 calories, and I'm up to 35 minutes on the eliptical, which says that burns 450 to 500 calories. I can easily drink three shots in a glass with a little tonic splashed on top and a lot of ice. I do this twice and then have another one with only two shots right before going to bed. That's 8 shots. That's 520 calories. Does that mean the workout is for nothing?
Old 09-15-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a drunken 21 year old with a love of boozin.
9/13- 60, 10 shots of tequila with lime/salt caser, 22oz beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to bring your thread down, but I'm in my 3rd year of medical school, and have seen people with alcohol end stage lever disease. It's a slow, [censored] way to die. A little drinking is fine, even healthy, but you should consider cutting back before you do some serious damage. End lecture.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you do realize the time frames they put to these things?

As a side note, I find it very interesting that now they say that unless you develop real problems from smoking, that you'll see your lung function become baseline for your age level in under <10 years after decades of smoking. Take that truth biatch!
Old 09-16-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm about 5'9 or 5'10 and weigh 225. I am very active and athletic but would love to shed a lot of weight.

So, I'm basically a drunk who wants to lose weight. I'm very active and have the ability to eat very well. I can control myself on what I eat. I'm not sure if combining all of these things will work.

My plan is as follows.

1.)1 hour of basketball a day (usually 20 minutes of shooting around and 40 minutes of intense games)
2.)Eat roughly 1500-2000 calories a day (seems low, but it's what I've been eating for the last week without feeling hungry)
3.) I drink a lot, usually 3 times a week, between 8-20 shots of 80 proof liquor. (With this diet I try to avoid mixing drinks and just chasing with a lime, or a bit of juice.)
4.) Avoid binging, including not exercising for 5 days or going on drinking binges which last for a week.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I can keep all of this up, other than the abnormally low calorie intake, which might be 500 calories higher. I could keep doing this but I'm pretty sure that eating 1200 calories, like I did yesterday, isn't good at all. Any advice?

P.S. I'm not starving myself in any way, most likely I'm either miscalculating my caloric intake, or I'm strangely un hungry.

P.S.S I am very drunk, sorry if any of this is insane or misspelled. he he, I misspelled misspelled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why stress over losing weight? Chances are, you'll be dead by age forty anyway.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm about 5'9 or 5'10 and weigh 225. I am very active and athletic but would love to shed a lot of weight.

So, I'm basically a drunk who wants to lose weight. I'm very active and have the ability to eat very well. I can control myself on what I eat. I'm not sure if combining all of these things will work.

My plan is as follows.

1.)1 hour of basketball a day (usually 20 minutes of shooting around and 40 minutes of intense games)
2.)Eat roughly 1500-2000 calories a day (seems low, but it's what I've been eating for the last week without feeling hungry)
3.) I drink a lot, usually 3 times a week, between 8-20 shots of 80 proof liquor. (With this diet I try to avoid mixing drinks and just chasing with a lime, or a bit of juice.)
4.) Avoid binging, including not exercising for 5 days or going on drinking binges which last for a week.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I can keep all of this up, other than the abnormally low calorie intake, which might be 500 calories higher. I could keep doing this but I'm pretty sure that eating 1200 calories, like I did yesterday, isn't good at all. Any advice?

P.S. I'm not starving myself in any way, most likely I'm either miscalculating my caloric intake, or I'm strangely un hungry.

P.S.S I am very drunk, sorry if any of this is insane or misspelled. he he, I misspelled misspelled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why stress over losing weight? Chances are, you'll be dead by age forty anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheaper, slightly smaller coffin.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:55 PM

I basically use drinking as my 1-2 cheat meals a week, I've noticed when I eat in addition to drinking it really kills my progress. If I don't eat when drunk I can still maintain steady weight loss. Then again, how much fun is Coney Island at 3 a.m. when you are just sipping on water?

Beer < calories than liquor for me because I drink less of it and still get just as drunk. Shot 8-15 is diminishing returns and it's probably just because its put in front of me anyway.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:16 PM

Not eating when drinking is what makes alcoholics routinely malnourished, which exacerbates the damage to the body. Not worth it.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beer < calories than liquor for me because I drink less of it and still get just as drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm amazed that this a gambling message board and people still propound things like this. There are really 3 things that affect how drunk you get 1) amount of alcohol 2) absorption rate 3) time frame. Not to mention that beer starts with around 1.5x calories as liquor this statement is just mind boggingly bad.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:14 PM

Weekly update: (actually 8 days)

9/11-9/18

9/11 Weight(clothes and shoes on) 226
9/18 weight(clothes and shoes on) 222

6 days of b ball, averaging about an hour
2 days of heavy drinking. 11 shots and a 22 oz beer one night. 10+ shots bottle of wine the 2nd night.
Ate crappy foods a couple of times. i.e. Hamburgers and fries, a couple of candy bars.

So far so good. Hopefully progress keeps up, I realize that this could easily be water weight, we'll see I suppose.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see any need to drink more than 8 drinks in a night on a weekly basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems awfully silly to me. You really can't think of a reason that a person might do this? I'll give you one guess.