Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Is Vegas getting tougher?

[ QUOTE ]
Does that mean you can bluff them out? I was suprised to find my bluffs lhe have actually started working.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes able to win several pots by bluffing even in 1/2 NL.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:43 AM

Vegas is getting tougher. I think more young pros moved there since the internet poker laws.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Went to vegas in June/Aug tried to catch the mystical WSOP crowd in June, but caught pros instead same in Aug both at Venetian 1/2 NL. Is vegas getting tougher or was I at the wrong table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vegas games aren't getting tougher, they seem about the same as always to me. The games always become softer during the WSOP, all the home town heroes and internet pros who have run hot but actually suck at the game show up, bloating the pots. Perhaps your looking to blame Vegas rather than your own play? Thats a very common mistake.

as a side note I just came back from playing in LA this weekend, it was fantastic getting away from Vegas because the pots are generally much bigger in LA; in general mid and low limit poker in Vegas is not as good as comparable games in other markets, even during the WSOP.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but caught pros instead same in Aug both at Venetian 1/2 NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

lollllllllll
Old 08-22-2007, 01:03 AM

1/2nl "pros" lol!!
Old 08-22-2007, 01:50 AM

AS funny as it sounds, my 1/2 winning averages were VERY close to my 2-5I(i play at borgata) i usaully play there thurs-sunday, and on fri-sat night there are about 7-9 1-2 tables, and a good player could make 3-5 hundo. Its not outlandish to see sum pros at 1-2, but not likely
Old 08-22-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1/2nl "pros" lol!!

[/ QUOTE ]
meh...april i went to vegas for for the month slept in my truck and added 3500 to my roll after expenses.then went back for june and july stayed in an extended stay hotel and added 2k to my roll after expenses.i never played higher than 1-3 500max. not claiming to be a "pro" just anti labor.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AS funny as it sounds, my 1/2 winning averages were VERY close to my 2-5I(i play at borgata) i usaully play there thurs-sunday, and on fri-sat night there are about 7-9 1-2 tables, and a good player could make 3-5 hundo. Its not outlandish to see sum pros at 1-2, but not likely

[/ QUOTE ]

But it is outlandish to think that your winrate converges over such a short period of time. You should think again about your winrate, all is not what it seems.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:31 AM

did u run ac When u slept in ur truck or just went rawdog??i recall one time driving north on the jersey parkway in the summer comming home from ac after a 24 hour session, i fell asleep at the wheeel and was drifting off the road when those LOUD bumps in the road woke me up. NEway i pulled over n went to sleep at like 8 in the morn, bye 10 oclcock my car was about 10 degrees and i was plasterd to my seats, not good
Old 08-22-2007, 03:04 AM

truck bed with topper (no ac). the temp was fantastic in april compared to the last week of may [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].