15 18 7.29%
16 39 15.79%
17 54 21.86%
18 51 20.65%
19 47 19.03%
20 22 8.91%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Who will win: Dog or Football team?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Right, but in my version of this game the players can't strike the dog or tackle it. They just have to get a hold of it so it can't run anymore - w/o hurting it. The only danger I could see is maybe someone falling on the dog. But that would pretty unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes it soooo much harder to get the dog down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I think a lot of morons are making up their own version of what they think is "legal" and not legal, the only thing stipulated in teh OP, was dog w/ no tacklers vs NFL players. nothing else, other than "normal nfl rules" of no kicking etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be simulated somewhat safely if the dog were wearing a vest with several flags on it.

So you treat it like flag football... the guys just have to grab a flag off the dog's back.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:28 PM

I just tested this out and the dog wins 80% of the time.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:28 PM

a majority of the posts in this thread make my head hurt with the constant comparing of speed in regards to a nfl kick returner and a dog. What are the odds that an nfl kick returner could score a touchdown against 11 nfl special team players trying to tackle him? 10,000 to 1? worse? People are acting as if you can remote control the dog to move exactly as you want it. A golden retriever versus 11 nfl players cant score more than 0.5% of the time and thats being generous. Also no more posts about how your 5.5 40 time 50 pound overweight self cant tackle your dog in the yard as if that adds validity to your retarded claims.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because Guids, and many others, have said 'a dog,' and then he said the greyhound couldn't juke anyway
ARE U RETARTED YES U R SO STFU BYE.

[/ QUOTE ]

I nver said they couldnt juke, learn to read. I said they couldnt juke and keep up a 45 mph pace.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you did not. You said
[ QUOTE ]
LOL at thinknig a greyhound who can reach up to 45mph (or 40mph) juking and turning

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen dogs running 45mph turn at the dog track so I'm pretty sure the can do it on the grass or turf. I will readily agree that juking of course slows them down, just like a person.

Seriously guids, 9-1 against? Really?

Spaced perfectly, the NFLers have 13' of space btw them [give or take a few inches] you don't think something built as low as a dog, moving at that speed, that can make turns, can get thru 13 feet of space? I honestly don't understand your POV, maybe I'm missing something so be explicit.

The NFLer will have to get down to knee-high to make the stop, and if he dives to the ground the dog easily leaps him ftw. [Dog whistle was a funny suggestion, but NFLers don't carry those on the field, or earplugs ftdog]
Old 08-10-2007, 05:34 PM

If Cesar Milan is on the NFL team, I take back my dog vote. He'd mind meld that dog onto the ground.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A golden retriever versus 11 nfl players cant score more than 0.5% of the time and thats being generous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prove it. Otherwise you're just as lame as anyone else on the thread. Don't just repeat what 5 other guys have already said and assume you're right.

You also ignored the fact that the dog corners much better and accelerates much faster. Your comparison of a slower human, using two legs, much taller and easier to hit, and much less cornering ability is equally retarded if not more so.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:37 PM

I may have worded that weird, but I meant "a dog cant reach 45 mph if he needs to be juking and turning to avoid tackles".

Ya, 9:1 at least, I dont know what Im missing, but it just seems obvious. I dont think that spacing the players in a straight line is the best defense either (not really sure what is). Im pretty sure a normal, formation is probably the best. there is NOTHING preventing the players from getting to that dog, Im pretty sure you can safely assume that a footbally player is about 24 inches wide, and can probably cover a decent radius vs the dog. Ie in a 7ft wide hallway, I dont think a dog is going to be able to streak passed any pro player, so if the strategy is just to create a bunch of 7ft "hallways" between eachother (players are the "walls") so the dog cant get through using shifting and stuff, I think its trivial
Old 08-10-2007, 05:39 PM

Those of you who think it's trivial:

What if there were 2 dogs, each of whom could score? Still trivial?
Old 08-10-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I may have worded that weird, but I meant "a dog cant reach 45 mph if he needs to be juking and turning to avoid tackles".

Ya, 9:1 at least, I dont know what Im missing, but it just seems obvious. I dont think that spacing the players in a straight line is the best defense either (not really sure what is). Im pretty sure a normal, formation is probably the best. there is NOTHING preventing the players from getting to that dog, Im pretty sure you can safely assume that a footbally player is about 24 inches wide, and can probably cover a decent radius vs the dog. Ie in a 7ft wide hallway, I dont think a dog is going to be able to streak passed any pro player, so if the strategy is just to create a bunch of 7ft "hallways" between eachother (players are the "walls") so the dog cant get through using shifting and stuff, I think its trivial

[/ QUOTE ]

If an NFLer is 2' wide, then the spacing is 160-22 = 138/ 12 hallways [don't forget to protect the sideline] = 11.5' hallways, not 7'.

You're off by a margin of 65%.
Devin Hester runs past/jukes tons of NFL special teamers with less than 10' of space many, many times a year, as did Barry Sanders, as did Willie Gault, as did Bo Jackson. I really don't think you've thought thru the spacing issue correctly, or the need to go very low to get the dog but not letting him jump over you. We both agree it will come down to one guy v the dog in the open field.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:44 PM

You dont need to cover the whole field though, thats why i didnt really think lining the guys up to cover the whole fieltd was the best option.