Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Starting a Chewinggum \"Business\" - Advice Very Welcome

How the hell did you come up with this idea??
Old 06-14-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How the hell did you come up with this idea??

[/ QUOTE ]

I red about different ways to generate passive income. These two words fascinates me.
There are several ways to generate passive income, but this one seemed to be a good start.

Edit: This sounds like "WTF you NOOB this is a pretty [censored] idea" to me. Maybe im interpreting it wrong [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Can you tell me what you think about the idea ?
Old 06-14-2007, 10:58 AM

For some reason I was envisioning a totally different type of bubble gum machine - a miniature vending machine that dispenses packs or something.

Don't they put these on metal stands or put 10 of them in a large metal rack where you live?
Old 06-14-2007, 12:13 PM

Vending machines are not passive income. They are a job. It is like a carpenter saying power tools are passive income.

I suggest that you search out people in your area that invested in vending machines and offer to buy their failed businesses out.

Find a vending machine operator and offer to work for them, perhaps for nothing (what the college kids call an internship).

Find a trade publication for vending machines and subscribe, go to their trade show/expo/whatever.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I think it's free at the DMV."

What is DMV ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Priceless. In the U.S., it is hell on earth and a perfect example of Government inefficiency. It is the Department of Motor Vehicles, where we have to go to get our drivers licenses and pay our annual vehicle taxes. The taxes aren’t bad, it’s the waiting lines that are insane. God help you if you have a simple question, like, “how do I get a license to drive a boat?” In which case, you have to wait in one short line to ask the question, then another line, a few hours, to take a test, then another line, an hour or so, to get your picture taken, then another, several hour line, to pay your fees.

When Bradley said you could place your gumball machine free at the DMV, he was joking. Government bureaucrats would go insane at the notion of something as normal as a gumball machine on their property. If you were lucky, you would be presented, after waiting five or six hours, with a mountain of paperwork, and four different locations to visit, before eventually being told that you aren’t on the government approved list of contractors. It would be hilarious to stroll nonchalantly into a DMV and simply install your chewing gum machine.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be hilarious to stroll nonchalantly into a DMV and simply install your chewing gum machine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Some guy kept insisting he could do that in a thread like 2 weeks ago. It was, as you might suspect, hilarious.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I think it's free at the DMV."

What is DMV ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Priceless. In the U.S., it is hell on earth and a perfect example of Government inefficiency. It is the Department of Motor Vehicles, where we have to go to get our drivers licenses and pay our annual vehicle taxes. The taxes aren’t bad, it’s the waiting lines that are insane. God help you if you have a simple question, like, “how do I get a license to drive a boat?” In which case, you have to wait in one short line to ask the question, then another line, a few hours, to take a test, then another line, an hour or so, to get your picture taken, then another, several hour line, to pay your fees.

When Bradley said you could place your gumball machine free at the DMV, he was joking. Government bureaucrats would go insane at the notion of something as normal as a gumball machine on their property. If you were lucky, you would be presented, after waiting five or six hours, with a mountain of paperwork, and four different locations to visit, before eventually being told that you aren’t on the government approved list of contractors. It would be hilarious to stroll nonchalantly into a DMV and simply install your chewing gum machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the explanaition, now I understand his statement ^^

btw, today I talked with the women who is managing the cafeteria of my school and she allowed me to put my chewinggum machine to the place where all the pupils go to buy there meals for the break

good news [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2007, 01:40 PM

I have no productive advice to offer for you business, except that in the states these are called "gumball machines" not "chewinggum machines."

Best of luck!
Old 06-14-2007, 01:52 PM

"gumball machines" not "chewinggum machines."

Thank you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I' from Germany (as you right ?) thats why I didn't knew it. Thanks for the correction [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"gumball machines" not "chewinggum machines."

Thank you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I' from Germany (as you right ?) thats why I didn't knew it. Thanks for the correction [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually not from Germany. I abandoned my old 2+2 account when I switched from limit to NL this year and thought that the name was appropriate for making that switch.