Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Sound dies during FullTilt.

I have a dell inspiron 6000. Recently I had to wipe the whole thing clean after a hard drive failure. I reinstalled all of the drivers as best as I could. Now when I play on Full Tilt the sound will go out after a bit. It will work fine at first, but after 5-30 minutes the sound is gone. And not just on full tilt, but on my whole computer, forcing me to reboot. The sound does not go out when I play on other sites or do other stuff.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: $15 If you can fix my sound

It sounds like we are definitely dealing with a driver issue here if the sound worked fine before the reformat/reinstall.

The first thing you might try is to go to Dell's site and download the latest driver for your laptop's sound card and install it. Here is the link to Dell's driver site where you can enter your Service Tag # and it will show you a list of the drivers for your laptop. Dell Driver Downloads Find the Audio Driver and download it to your pc and then install it by clicking it and following the simple steps. It might take a restart for the changes to take effect.

Try this and let us know if it works. If not, we'll go from there.

Good luck.

- Jason
Old 04-18-2007, 11:02 PM

Mark L, I edited your OP because there have been too many "I'll pay for this fix" posts. The whole point of CTH is to help out other 2+2ers; I don't want the pattern of payment to become dominant. Admins don't like the commercial nature, either.

You're still free to pay whomever you want wrt this thread; I just wanted to stop a pattern from forming.
-Sam
Old 04-18-2007, 11:06 PM

Yeah...I've definitely installed that driver already. I just reinstalled it anyways, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I don't get why it's just Full Tilt, I can play on Stars all day with no problems.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:38 PM

Mark I appologize. I misread your post, I thought you said your sound DID go out when you did other things. My bad or I'd have never asked you to reinstall that driver.

That is a very odd problem but since it's only happening with FT, it sounds like a FT problem to me. I know it might not have happened before but it sure sounds like some sort of a FT error.

Short of uninstalling FT and reinstalling, unfortunately, I don't have alot of other suggestions. Hopefully someone else can chime in.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:42 PM

mark i used to have the same problem on ft. i just stopped playing there mostly cuz its rigged but still. id be curious if someone knows why.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Sound dies during FullTilt.

I had this problem for the first time last night. The sound came back on after about 20 minutes, but a while after that I started to experience terrible LAG and the sound went out again. I closed Full Tilt and the sound immediately returned to my computer.

The problem is definitely with the software and not your computer.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:54 AM

yeah reboot full tilt used to fix it occasionally for me I emailed them at well they told me to reinstall sound drivers yada yada and to no avail...

this makes it hard for me to concentrate like i need to..
Old 04-22-2007, 12:10 PM

I have same problem. Also interested to hear a fix.

With mine the volume in fact goes extremely quiet. You can hear something if I turn volume up to max.